You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm)G-CPTN wrote Several disgruntled would-be TEN  passengers in Corbridge this evening.

Middle Street was closed to traffic for the late-shopping event 6pm to 8pm.

After the road closure was lifted by about 8:30 pm it was expected that buses would return to the village, but at 21:45 no buses have been seen (should have been 21:02 and 21:32), even though the village streets are now clear and deserted.

I've had to advise those waiting to walk over the bridge and catch the buses there as, even after 10pm (22:02 and 22:32) they might still not come into the village.

To be fair, missed out stops would be better than having a what, 12 metre long double deck vehicle stuck with no real way to turn round without major disruption.

Fair enough if GNE were to suspend all evening's services as it may have overran - but if they do this, put posters etc. up at bus stops!!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(08 Dec 2014, 10:47 pm)northern156 wrote To be fair, missed out stops would be better than having a what, 12 metre long double deck vehicle stuck with no real way to turn round without major disruption.

Fair enough if GNE were to suspend all evening's services as it may have overran - but if they do this, put posters etc. up at bus stops!!

TEN drivers were telling passengers that had travelled to Corbridge that the buses would return to running through Corbridge as soon as the road closure was lifted. In fact the closure was lifted well before 9pm (I was in the village all evening until 21:50 and I spoke to people expecting the 9:02 pm bus to appear to advise them that, in my opinion they would be better advised to walk across the bridge - which they decided against in case the bus came whilst they were walking to the alternate stop).

Every one of those waiting in vain had been told that after a certain time (one said 9.30 pm - but that was for the eastbound bus) that running would return to normal through the village (but of course, these drivers wouldn't necessarily be the same drivers that should have resumed the route.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(09 Dec 2014, 9:28 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Wasnt 5320, just passed me on the 2C to The Galleries
It was 5320 - but it wasn't actually involved. 640 was the SR involved, and 628 is covering for it today on 700s.
Site Administrator
(09 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm)Tom wrote 5165's blind has been stuck on Go North East for months now!
Are GNE going to sort it out?
Probably not...
Comparable examples on Teesside are of course with ANE's Prestige flipdot displays.

If it had been the front display, or even the rear, I'd suggest GNE would have been more inclined to go to the cost of replacing the flipdot display. As it's not...
Kid sis has just came in from College and told me the Driver of the 2C went onto Washington Highway towards Springwell thinking he was doing the X1, she quoted the following from the Driver "Ahh F***ing Bollocks, Im the 2C not the F***ing X1" as he headed up the Motorway, My reply was simple, how can he can mixed up when the X1 operates out Washington Depot, and he works for Deptford which operate the 2A/2C, I can only assume said Driver has previously worked at Washington Depot when they operated the 2A/2C and has been Transferred over Deptford recently, and this was his First Day at Deptford on the 2A/2C, Easy Mistake to make I guess.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin wrote You appear to be a year too late Tom - "We are pleased to announce that from 5 January 2014, we will be running new services 706 and 707."  Tongue

Haha good spot!
(09 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I imagine Services 706 and 707 will be warped into the Venture brand, and seen as one of the Stanley locals, such as Services 130 and 131. Smile

I reckon they will interwork with scholars, possibly using a Trident. 
There has been talk recently and in the not too distant past about the 20/20a and X20 and reliability.
Apparently the scholars working impacts on the 1610 X20 from Park Lane.

Recently, I have observed the 1710 X20, also running late.
The last two nights, it has been at the Carville traffic lights (outside the P&R), at 1750.
The timetable 'should' mean it gets out of Durham on time at 1809 (20a), but it is leaving it very tight.

I often use this particular bus, as it should give me plenty time in walking up to Durham station for the 1825 EC to Glasgow.
Seriously considering getting the earlier bus next time.

No idea what the issue is, but guessing the Solar is late, due to traffic/delays on a previous run.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
The 1614 X20 from Durham to Sunderland is formed by the 1502 20A from Sunderland (and hence arrives at 1557). That's 17 minutes layover between arriving in on a 20A and going back out on an X20.
This bus then has 10 minutes layover in Sunderland prior to working the 1710 X20, and another 13 minutes layover once it arrives back into Durham again to form the 1809 20A...
Difficult to justify much more layover than that!

This must be a recent thing too, as I used to get that X20 regularly at the start of the year and it was always on-time.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:29 pm)Tom wrote I reckon they will interwork with scholars, possibly using a Trident. 

Highly doubt that - some of the back roads that the 706/707 use (especially the section between West Kyo and Tanfield Lea (through Harperley) plus Fines Park (which is basically a whole load of estates combined with loads of cars parked half on road, half on path) are so tight that a decker wont be suitable at all.
(09 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm)Robert wrote Highly doubt that - some of the back roads that the 706/707 use (especially the section between West Kyo and Tanfield Lea (through Harperley) plus Fines Park (which is basically a whole load of estates combined with loads of cars parked half on road, half on path) are so tight that a decker wont be suitable at all.

Ah right - the times seem like it would interwork with scholars though (start 9:00, finish 14:00).
It seems there's a typo on the timetable, first word of the first paragraph reads "Stanely"!

Will be tempted to give that a go, I've not really had much travel in Stanley apart from a break of journey on the 43/44 (forgot which it was).
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Since i was bored i have made a little route map of both services using google maps and paint Tongue 

Routes:
706: Stanley - Tanfield Lea - West Kyo - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - New Kyo - Stanley
707: Stanley - New Kyo - Annfield Plain - Catchgate - West Kyo - Tanfield Lea - Stanley
.png 706&707 route map.png
(09 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm)gneasy91 wrote Is being a w...er part of being a bus driver had this look of this driver im just a passnger he always looks at me like im scum
That's a bit of a sweeping statement isn't it? If you've had an issue with an individual driver, then make a complaint to the relevant operator.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm)gneasy91 wrote Is being a w...er part of being a bus driver had this look of this driver im just a passnger he always looks at me like im scum

So you have an issue with one particular bus driver. As has been stated, each company has a complaints procedure and that's the route you should adopt instead of making offensive comments about a person who is not in a position to defend himself. I do not consider this forum to be the place for offensive comments like that.
Just to clarify, I have been a driver with GNE for 15 years and take pride in my customer service skills. So please don't 'tar us all with the same brush', just because you have had a bad experience with a driver.
To further clarify, I have been an enthusiast for 45 years, back in the days when Atlanteans and Leopards prowled the streets, before the days of the Leyland National.
Go North East

Due to an incident at Holmeside in Sunderland, buses are diverting via St Mary's Way inbound, Stockton Road and Burdon Road outbound.

Anyone know whats happened?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Dec 2014, 1:57 pm)Michael wrote Go North East

Due to an incident at Holmeside in Sunderland, buses are diverting via St Mary's Way inbound, Stockton Road and Burdon Road outbound.

Anyone know whats happened?

Following on to this accroding to facebook - We have had a report of a man that has being hit by a bus outside the Borough Pub blocking Holmside, Traffic and buses all stopped while ambulance and police are at the scene so expect delays if your in the area.

I hope hes alright.

Looks like it was the stagecoach 5 involved by a picture on facebook.

----------
Also - http://www.simplygo.com/news/christmas-c...ees-xpress
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6027 is the latest to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.
(10 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm)Dan wrote Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6027 is the latest to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.

These are getting done quick 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin wrote You appear to be a year too late Tom - "We are pleased to announce that from 5 January 2014, we will be running new services 706 and 707."  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanHo6Wn1H4 any how i managed to see a off working today well 2 one is a spare rare while other can happen https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15806544077/ - 3979
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15...otostream/ - Highwayman on 58 i missed Crusader on 57 due to me being on 547 on 27X
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(10 Dec 2014, 7:07 pm)Racer_Experience wrote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanHo6Wn1H4 any how i managed to see a off working today well 2 one is a spare rare while other can happen https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15806544077/ - 3979
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15...otostream/ - Highwayman on 58 i missed Crusader on 57 due to me being on 547 on 27X
Why post it here to?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm)Michael wrote Why post it here to?

for the views and news
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out