Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
Just looking at the GNE facebook page and one of the Lime buses will be missing a wing-mirror after clipping a telegraph pole in Lumley earlier on!

It might even be still lying on the road if any souvenier hunters are after it
Are the B10's reliable to make the Waggonway a better service than it currently is? (which to be fair a tandem bike could do)
(05 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm)gtomlinson wrote Are the B10's reliable to make the Waggonway a better service than it currently is? (which to be fair a tandem bike could do)

I think the Wright Solars off the MetroLink will go on the Waggonway/Lambton Worm with the 3 remaining Spares going Northern and being used on the 71 to replace the SPD's/SLF Dart/Darts that are used on a daily basis. Which would then lead to there withdrawal from the active fleet.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2013, 1:03 pm)eezypeazy wrote I wonder if the moderators here might give consideration to having a separate thread elsewhere for pure speculation?

Personally, I'd prefer it if this thread here was limited to such things as vehicle observations and meaningful discussion of GNE services and brands and other announcements. I find the whole "Here's what I think is going to happen" and "This is what a driver told me" stuff to be very tedious and somewhat pointless.

No doubt I'll get shot down in flames, but if we could separate out the guesswork and fantasy from the reality of what's happening on the road, I'd find this to be far more interesting.

Hi.

I believe what you've just said has been previously suggested, and without exposing the full extent of our plans, something similar is being worked on already.

When this website and forum was first created, we hadn't expected discussion on this thread to be so vast, and we didn't expect it to happen so quickly either (there are just so many other websites out there that have a similar purpose). Nevertheless, the thread was created for discussion purposes. We combine verified information, information coming from the company representative we have gained, speculated information and general "what if?'s" within this thread. It is therefore not a separate thread for speculation which has seemingly become necessary for us to add, but a new thread for verified information.

We do have what so many websites don't - a place for discussion. In other communities, I believe there is an vague reluctance for discussion. That's what is different about North East Buses.

We have a number of plans which are relying on help from people outside of North East Buses management, and it is these plans which are preventing us from releasing all future features and/or new forums. I really don't wish to tell our community the full extent of what we have planned in case it doesn't happen - in which case, we'd unfortunately have to settle for what we can already achieve without "outside help". I have said for a number of weeks now that big changes are to come to North East Buses, but there has always been one disruption or another preventing this from happening.

In future, may I suggest that, instead of posting on the thread your suggestion may concern, you post a new thread in our "Problems and Suggestions" designated section?

Many thanks.
Site Administrator
On another note, 603 has returned to Deptford looking rather fresh indeed - having been outshopped in "Northern" red.

Last spotted on the 1617 "Doxford Clipper" #39 departure from Pennywell.
Might have to go to the Glass Centre one..

Does anyone know what buses are being used on the Doxford clipper since its increase in frequency between Park Lane and Grangetown?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2013, 6:36 pm)Michael wrote Might have to go to the Glass Centre one..

Does anyone know what buses are being used on the Doxford clipper since its increase in frequency between Park Lane and Grangetown?

From what I've observed - usual MPDs (including those that have been repainted into re-branded as "Northern"), with a SPD covering for the MPD being repainted every 4 days - on top of the usual SPD or two that manage to cover for branded vehicles anyway!
Deptford being Deptford, the spare Sunderland Connect was on last week though - as opposed to a SPD.
Cheer's, i only ever go or pass park lane a few times a week so don't see much, How many Doxford Clipper's have being painted so far.

GNE have posted changes for 238,259,260 from 23rd June, it was mentioned on this forum from a different site but i thought id post the GNE link.

Service 238
Following customer requests, from 23 June service 238 will serve Sophia Street in Seaham instead of George Street. There are no changes to the times of the service.

Services 259 & 260
Following customer requests, from 23 June service 260 will operate via Thorndale Road and Brackendale Road in Belmont. As a result of this, most journeys on services 259 and 260 will be retimed by up to two minutes.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2013, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote Cheer's, i only ever go or pass park lane a few times a week so don't see much, How many Doxford Clipper's have being painted so far.

Two - 547 and 603.
Another one should be going shortly.
So is this the end of the Doxford clipper brand cos I'm not seeing any larger vehicles being painted silver!! Surely we don't get WSS buses as that would defeat the purpose of painting 547 and 603 red. 39 has been running with 8222 8223 8232 4955 on the extra journeys
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Seems strange that they would debrand the service just as its had a PVR increase. I can only speculate that bigger buses are on the way. Getting the WSS MPD's defeats the object, as most of the Doxford Clipper are newer than the Street Shuttle. The only thing I can think of is if Solars from the 56/20 are cascaded to various depots, possibilities of Renowns going to Doxford Clipper. 8 is the new PVR for the 39 so it's possible they could go there. Other possibilities could be that Ciatro's for M1 are reportedly coming soon, could the Solars from there go to Doxford Clipper, I know people say that MPD's/Prestige to Solars is a bit of a jump but after vehicle deliveries Go North East will have nearly 40 Solars spare.
Site Administrator
In true "Wear Tees Xpress" fashion, 4907 has been receiving attention at Park Lane by a Deptford engineer having failed upon arrival. Still going out on next departure, so couldn't have been a major fault.

Northern B10 4825 is on the 26 too - not something you see every day!

SPD 8227 is also receiving attention - a fault with its doors.
Re the Doxford Clipper.

Someone on here commented on the seats per hour ratio being increased on the service between Park Lane and Doxford, just by increasing the frequency and quoted a few figures.
To increase that ratio AND then increase it even further by introducing bigger vehicles is a massive step.

I dont use that service at all, but when I do see it, vehicles aren't close to reaching capacity on an MPD with its current frequency, so will have bags of room to spare on anything bigger which is travelling even more frequent than now.

If you look at the bigger picture and realise how many other services travel along the Chester Road corridor and towards Ryhope, there is very little, if any parts of the route which are 'unique' to this service or enough to justify the bigger vehicles.

Yes there are going to be a stack of spare Solar's knocking about soon, but they would be much better used on other services. To be honest, some of the Doxford Clipper MPD's are the same age, if not younger than them, so it would probably be a step back.
Don't know if its being mentioned but the 27X is only a trail service...

The 27X service is being provided through the South Tyneside Better Bus Partnership with Go North East at the request of a local councillor and in response to the results of a recent resident survey.

From 3 June it will run hourly during the day linking Victoria Road West, Victoria Road East, Black Road, and Argyle Street with Hebburn Town Centre, and limited stops to Heworth Metro, Gateshead town centre and Newcastle City centre.

Local people are being urged to make the most of the 27X during the six-month trial period as it will only continue after that if passenger numbers are high enough to justify the cost of the service.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/2013/new-bu...ed-hebburn - Full Article here.

Also thiers being a fast cats bus on the 26, seen it a couple of times when at work.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Don't know if its being mentioned but the 27X is only a trail service...

The 27X service is being provided through the South Tyneside Better Bus Partnership with Go North East at the request of a local councillor and in response to the results of a recent resident survey.

From 3 June it will run hourly during the day linking Victoria Road West, Victoria Road East, Black Road, and Argyle Street with Hebburn Town Centre, and limited stops to Heworth Metro, Gateshead town centre and Newcastle City centre.

Local people are being urged to make the most of the 27X during the six-month trial period as it will only continue after that if passenger numbers are high enough to justify the cost of the service.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/2013/new-bu...ed-hebburn - Full Article here.

Also thiers being a fast cats bus on the 26, seen it a couple of times when at work.

4955 seen it on 26A
Thank's i couldn't see the fleet number because of the way the building is.

Didn't expect to see it on thier.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Anyone know which Sunderland Connect Hybrid has been off-road for the past few days? The spare has seen daily use lately, and SimpliCity 8328 is at Park Lane now on the 700 too - bound for Royal Hospital.
I've seen 630, so it's either 629 or 640. Clearly both are off today though!
FunkyFurry
Unregistered
(07 Jun 2013, 7:05 am)Daniel wrote Anyone know which Sunderland Connect Hybrid has been off-road for the past few days? The spare has seen daily use lately, and SimpliCity 8328 is at Park Lane now on the 700 too - bound for Royal Hospital.
I've seen 630, so it's either 629 or 640. Clearly both are off today though!

As i drove up the a19 to work on Wednesday there was a Sunderland Connect on the back of a recovery truck heading south, it passed me at Winyard. Not sure which one it was as I was heading north.
Anyone know which buses are going to permanent Doxford clipper as our little MPD Are changing to red!!! Why put fast cats on 39 totally confusing passengers. Stick to red northern
Site Administrator
All earlier odd workings posted are still out now.
There has been a Vyking out on the 60/61 today too - not particularly rare but I thought I'd make a note of it nevertheless.

Former "Doxford Clipper" MPD 603 is on the 1605 39 towards Pennywell if anyone would like a photo of her.
Today has seen a few odd working on the Silver Arrows 2A/2C, Which has lead me to the question of is GNE having problems with the Citaros currently on the route as it the first time this week there has been an odd allocation on those services.

5208 NK54 NVC GNE FAB56 Wright Solar on the Silver Arrows 2C to Sunderland.
Photo 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8978869992/
Photo 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8978871576/

And for the second time this week 4968 NK53 UNU GNE Laser Wright Solar on the Silver Arrows 2C to Sunderland, On Wednesday I caught it on the 2A.

Photo 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8977680305/
Photo 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8977682087/
Photo 3: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8978875844/

I believe this was 4968's first run of the day on the 2C at 14:41 as sat at the very top of The Galleries Bus Station for a good 10 Minutes maybe longer, Not sure on what it may of replaced though.