Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
(21 Jun 2013, 3:38 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Seriously 5151 is in desperate need of attention because everytime i have been on it the horrible sound of the cooling fan has always been on, sounds awful!!

5151 has been like this since around 1 1/2 years ago - it's a lot quieter now than it was when it was at Winlaton.
Site Administrator
Loop on the 24 today. A lot of the Vykings are out on the 93/94 today what with the Gateshead Stadium events.
This morning i seen:
5221 on the 27
5222 on the 51/52
5223/5224 on the 24
5345,5351, 5356 on the X66
3966,3971,3977 on the 93/94
There was still a couple of loop scanias out on the 93/94
Site Administrator
The Loop you speak of on the Orbits is still on there.
A swap between a Vyking and a Loop has just taken place on the 24/93. Believe the vehicles in question were 3966 and 5224 - but don't quote me on that one!
A Tyne Tees Xpress B9 has just been taken out of service. It was previously working "Loop" service 93.
its on Northumberland Council site the changes for the 10/10B.

From 28th July, some early evening journeys are retimed on Go North East routes 10 and 10B, between Hexham, Low Prudhoe, Metrocentre and Newcastle.

New Timetable here:
http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/idoc.as...235ede5696&version=-1

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972 - The site.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Can anyone confirm if 8289 or one of the other Chester SPD's is off the road?

As well as the Renown on Saturday, a Loyne is running the 71 along with a Key branded 8236 this morning.
Very unusual for 8289 to be missing on consecutive dates (Sat and Mon), so can only assume it is VOR or covering something else.
Go north east just put all 35 to hospital. 135 didn't work a few years ago and this 99 is empty yet again what a waste!!! I must admit I hasnt been advertised very well
By the looks of the fleet number thats 3860! its definatly not 3870 as that reg plate in the picture ends in PNL not SCU
Any idea's what colour its coming back as, how long does it normally take for a repaint to happen?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote Any idea's what colour its coming back as, how long does it normally take for a repaint to happen?

Judging by the recent Doxford Clipper/Drifter Northern Repaints they are normally done within 2 days maybe less
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote Any idea's what colour its coming back as, how long does it normally take for a repaint to happen?

Judging by the recent Doxford Clipper/Drifter Northern Repaints they are normally done within 2 days maybe less

The first of Deptford's repaints took three days, I believe. These were done to a better standard than those that were done towards the end of the repaint process (the ones that took two days).
Whether it was Saltmeadows being lazy by not sanding down buses properly or Deptford demanding the buses back due to the shortage, I do not know... I'm keen to see how long Saltmeadows take per Washington bus though, given that I'm not aware of any apparent vehicle shortages at that depot!

Those vehicles sent on a Friday won't be sent back until the afternoon of Monday too, I'd say.
Thank's =D

Be intresting if they come back Northen or painted for a Branded service, some1 said on flickr that they were going red.

I wonder if they could be heading to Chester/Stanley to replace part of the Lime buses wonder if the Lime brand will be dropped, once all the B10's have moved.

Anyone know what model these Citaros are?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jun 2013, 5:40 pm)Michael wrote Thank's =D

Be intresting if they come back Northen or painted for a Branded service, some1 said on flickr that they were going red.

I wonder if they could be heading to Chester/Stanley to replace part of the Lime buses wonder if the Lime brand will be dropped, once all the B10's have moved.

More than likely a Northern Spare, and I think they are Citaro K's that are going on the M1
(24 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote

More than likely a Northern Spare, and I think they are Citaro K's that are going on the M1

Hopefully this means rid of the stupid brands, such as Lime etc, we still have all or most of the scania's to come off the 20/56 later in the year wonder if they will go in to Northen Colours.

I expect the FAB 56 and Prince Bishops to get a new Design once the deckers arrive, is thier any more info on these?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Do we know if these new Ciatro's/Streetlites will be fitted with wifi and next stopping announcements?
(24 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Do we know if these new Ciatro's/Streetlites will be fitted with wifi and next stopping announcements?

God i hope not for the announcements, they were annoying as out on the 36 when they had them on the Versa's.

I hope for the WIFI, think this will be popular but they always having problems with it on the TEN/Tyne Tees Xpress, that could be a downfall.

I can see them having both, just hope the announcements aren't as loud as the ones on the Angel..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(24 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Do we know if these new Ciatro's/Streetlites will be fitted with wifi and next stopping announcements?

God i hope not for the announcements, they were annoying as out on the 36 when they had them on the Versa's.

I hope for the WIFI, think this will be popular but they always having problems with it on the TEN/Tyne Tees Xpress, that could be a downfall.

I can see them having both, just hope the announcements aren't as loud as the ones on the Angel..

Yeah I like the next stop announcements but they can get irrating if they are too loud. I hope they do get wifi but as you say they do have a problems with it. But they didn't have the next stop announcements on last week when I was on the X1.
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm)CatsFast101 wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote

Yeah I like the next stop announcements but they can get irrating if they are too loud. I hope they do get wifi but as you say they do have a problems with it. But they didn't have the next stop announcements on last week when I was on the X1.

I think the announcements on the X1 are somewhat belittling. Announced upon arrival at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital are instructions on how to alight the bus. While this information is good and true, just about every Tom, Dick and Harry know how to alight a bus - and if they decided to follow the instructions given to us by the cheesy radio people rather than their own knowledge, chances are the bus would take off before they managed to get to the bottom step if they were originally sat in the upper saloon.
The hundredth anniversary Versa still has all the kit to make the announcements regarding next stops etc, and indeed still manages to play odd little sounds every now and again. Had a ride of her on the 135 the other day, and I found the random noises rather irritating indeed.
I reckon these new buses will all be fitted with the kit to announce next stops etc - not sure about WiFi though.
(24 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm)Liam wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think they are Citaro K's that are going on the M1

Allowing the M1 to become the company's most prestigious route? The Citaro K is a Euro 6 vehicle after all Wink

Even better than the Euro spec for the Angel!

Mind i didn't expect the M1 to get fully new citaro's i thought they would be cast off's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm)Liam wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think they are Citaro K's that are going on the M1

Allowing the M1 to become the company's most prestigious route? The Citaro K is a Euro 6 vehicle after all Wink

The Citaro K also being a shorter version of the normal Citaro (10.5m) so very unlikely that it will be those, it will be just normal Euro5-engined Citaros.
The Citaro K also being a shorter version of the normal Citaro (10.5m) so very unlikely that it will be those, it will be just normal Euro5-engined Citaros.
[/quote]

I thought there was 2 versions, a smaller version and a larger but you never know it could be Euro 6, im sure i read GNE was only planning on buying Euro 6 engines buses from start of the year.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

The vehicles in question are second hand Citaros from another Go Ahead division.
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2013, 7:25 pm)Solar50 wrote

The vehicles in question are second hand Citaros from another Go Ahead division.

That was the original plan. It has since been announced that the Citaros are to be new, rather than sourced. I'm sure this was discussed on this group as well as on other platforms too.
That was the original plan. It has since been announced that the Citaros are to be new, rather than sourced. I'm sure this was discussed on this group as well as on other platforms too.
[/quote]

Daniel can i ask please if u don't mind, was it announced on the Mercedes site or somewhere else?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2013, 7:30 pm)Michael wrote
(24 Jun 2013, 7:29 pm)Daniel wrote That was the original plan. It has since been announced that the Citaros are to be new, rather than sourced. I'm sure this was discussed on this group as well as on other platforms too.

Daniel can i ask please if u don't mind, was it announced on the Mercedes site or somewhere else?

It was not announced on the Mercedes website - I don't see why it would be when it's such a small order.
We have a few Go North East employees on this website who have issued hints every now and again with regards to upcoming fleet transfers, orders etc. It was originally said - when a photo was released with details of 27 or so vehicles that were to be ordered - that the Citaros spoken of in the photograph were indeed going to be 'sourced' (second hand) from another Go Ahead division.
It was later announced on another group following on from discussion of these 'sourced' vehicles that they were not actually going to be sourced, and that original plans had changed. They were to be brand new buses. This was then discussed on this forum afterwards, iirc.

I say this in confidence, though I must admit it's not concrete until it happens. Until the buses themselves arrive, we know nothing for definite.
Just sizing these Citaro K's up and they aren't too disimilar in size to the Versa or Streetlite, so will seat about 40 passengers (a slightly smaller number than the current vehicles).

Does anyone know why they are choosing the Citaro over the Versa or Streetlite?

The last time smaller vehicles were introduced onto this route (the 194), was in the early 90s when the Marshall Darts were introduced. It was a disaster due to over-crowding and very quickly they were shipped off and replaced by the re-engined Nationals.
Hopefully it doesn't happen again (saying that wouldn't mind a National turning up one day Wink!)
Cheer's i did look back but it looks likes most of the posts have being deleted.

Sorry i couldn't remember what was said.

With 1 of the metrolinks in the paint shop, hopefully its not to long... Wonder if GNE will get the Streetlites and Citaro's together? (i know its not the same company but u never know)

With the new batch of Versa there have being alot of problems (The Simplicity/Orbit ones, as for streetlite's i have no idea.

=(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2013, 8:05 pm)Michael wrote Cheer's i did look back but it looks likes most of the posts have being deleted.

Transformation of the forum. Not deleted - just temporarily set as visible to admins only. Wink
See here for more information.