You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(12 Dec 2014, 9:11 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote Ashington have 1500 to cover for a Dart that's away for refurbishment and wifi fitting.

I would assume it's only a short term loan whilst Ashington get their Darts sorted and on the road, as they have been allocated 1616, 1646 and 1649 to cover their 3 MPDs being away for repaint/wifi

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

7494 on 81/81a today while 4713 was on X93 (as it was yesterday, ironically)

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(13 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm)Cock Robin wrote 4716 on X93.
Have we any idea when the Volvo B9s are due to enter service? Hopefully make this allocation a little less frequent...
(13 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm)Dan wrote Have we any idea when the Volvo B9s are due to enter service? Hopefully make this allocation a little less frequent...

Hopefully very soon! 2 have arrived at Redcar.
Launch should be mid January just before the new timetable launches I would expect.

Couple of odd workings from Stockton this afternoon saw 1914 (replaced 1451) and 4505 (replaced 1492) on the 15... 1914 is out all night too Sleepy

1443 made a currently not-so-odd appearance on the 21a, working the board that also does the 1750 29a
.jpg ANE-1443.JPG
Just a quick shout that the 1704 X2/X1 from Framwellgate (1715 from Durham) will be operated by 4007 tonight

Re: RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(15 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm)tyresmoke wrote Just a quick shout that the 1704 X2/X1 from Framwellgate (1715 from Durham) will be operated by 4007 tonight
Bugger. I'd have waited for it if I'd seen your post earlier!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Do Max deckers normally end up on the 14 to Thropton? There was one on earlier.

As usual, just ignore if it is standard...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Do Max deckers normally end up on the 14 to Thropton? There was one on earlier.

Yeah, the 14 interworks with the X14 Smile
(15 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Do Max deckers normally end up on the 14 to Thropton? There was one on earlier.

14's to Thropton are usually a continuation of X14s from Newcastle.
But then, was it an X14-branded one??
No idea, just noticed it was a branded vehicle. Never saw which routes it was allocated too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Dec 2014, 7:37 pm)aureolin wrote Bugger. I'd have waited for it if I'd seen your post earlier!

Sorry I only spotted it on my way home!
(16 Dec 2014, 9:36 am)Jimmi wrote X1 branded Pulsar on the 1/5.

There's been one on the last few days.
4039 on 27s for Stockton. It replaced Sapphire spare 1512 so that it could be used as an 11th bus on the 5s to attempt to send them all out on time due to the Brambles Farm cockup.
Took me 47 mins to do Ormesby-Middlesbrough this morning, a journey that should take 25 (with extra peak running time!) - 48 mins yesterday

The Bamburgh Coast and Castles branded Lowlander (it still has its branding!) was on the 35 leaving Morpeth at around 5:30 (edit: must have been 7455). I'm not sure if that's an odd working, but it should be while its carrying that branding and I thought that bus was off to Durham.
1753 on 17A today at Stockton, replaced 1912 (which was pinched to replace 4501 on 29) 

Redcar seem to be keeping their spare Sapphire on the 63 at present as 1440 has been on there the last two days. Meanwhile 7489 was on the 81s to keep up the deckers appearing again!

(16 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm)passenger_10 wrote The Bamburgh Coast and Castles branded Lowlander (it still has its branding!) was on the 35 leaving Morpeth at around 5:30 (edit: must have been 7455). I'm not sure if that's an odd working, but it should be while its carrying that branding and I thought that bus was off to Durham.

The 35 is supposed to have the three Wright StreetLites allocated to that route. 7455 and another one are staying at Ashington for a few more weeks.