Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
Still in full branding. Thought I'd make a note of it because I think it's the first time she's been out since transferred.
Site Administrator
SimpliCity Versa 8328 replaced the SPD on the 700 I spoke of earlier.
The spare branded Solo SR is still out too.
Didnt get fleet number, but the Lime 78 heading into Chester at 8.15 this morning(absolutely packed with standees all the way to the back) was sounding very rough. The dyson engine was hoovering up the roads lovely, but a loose 'belt' of some sort in the engine was screeching very loudly and didnt sound healthy at all.
lmao.. The dyson engine was hoovering up the roads lovely, that's the best sentence ive ever heard on here.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Drifter Cadet 8272 is on the 60s today - but she is subject to be taken off once she gets to Parkside. Couldn't get into reverse while trying to depart Park Lane - dashboard is suggesting that the problem is still occurring despite having managed to pull out after 10 minutes of trying. Now running rather late indeed! ;-)

73 is out on the 36s as per usual allocation. I've not seen 71 today.
Nor have I seen Doxford Clipper MPD 605.
(11 Jun 2013, 2:19 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Why did they buy the ex Southern Vectis Citaros, (56 reg) like how come they only got two and not more
It was a vehicle swap... in November 2010, GNE sent Go South Coast DAF SB 120s 8274 and 8275, followed that December by Volvo coaches 7085, 7086, 7088 and 7089 in exchange for the two Citaros...
(11 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm)eezypeazy wrote
(11 Jun 2013, 2:19 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Why did they buy the ex Southern Vectis Citaros, (56 reg) like how come they only got two and not more
It was a vehicle swap... in November 2010, GNE sent Go South Coast DAF SB 120s 8274 and 8275, followed that December by Volvo coaches 7085, 7086, 7088 and 7089 in exchange for the two Citaros...

You are right that they sent 8274/5 in exchange to Bluestar but the Coaches went as they were no-longer needed on National Express duties. VDL SB120 8256/7 were the other two vehicles exchanged for 5337/8. (Also the Citaros arrived from Southern Vectis but were originally ordered for use by Wilts & Dorset but ended up being used on the Southampton Uni-Link network with the previous contractor Minerva Accord before passing to Bluestar then passing to Southern Vetics then moving to Go North East).
Just been reading back over a few pages and I've realised that the Streetlites maybe for the Doxford Clipper and not the Drifter Brand. I could be wrong, but I think we may of been had regarding the Information given over the past few months.

1.) Simplicity Versas previously used on the 36 are now being used on the 61, meanwhile the Drifter Cadets have moved in the opposite direction onto the 36 and are in the process of being repainted Northern.

2.) Doxford Clipper MPD's have been repainted Northern

3.) Drifter Versas have remained on the 60 and haven't been debranded or repainted, although they were supposedly meant to be going on the WSS, But now it looks like only the Saltwell Parks will move over to Washington. Plus the Streetlites are due in the next 2 weeks apparently. Is it just me who finds this very odd.

4.) By my calculations which could be wrong there is 7 Versas on the Drifter which would lead to 1 spare if the Streetlites are indeed for the Drifter whereas the 39 now uses a total of 8 Buses which in coincidence is the same number of Streetlites on order for Deptford.
(11 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just been reading back over a few pages and I've realised that the Streetlites maybe for the Doxford Clipper and not the Drifter Brand. I could be wrong, but I think we may of been had regarding the Information given over the past few months.

1.) Simplicity Versas previously used on the 36 are now being used on the 61, meanwhile the Drifter Cadets have moved in the opposite direction onto the 36 and are in the process of being repainted Northern.

3.) Drifter Versas have remained on the 60 and haven't been debranded or repainted, although they were supposedly meant to be going on the WSS, But now it looks like only the Saltwell Parks will move over to Washington. Plus the Streetlites are due in the next 2 weeks apparently. Is it just me who finds this very odd.

4.) By my calculations which could be wrong there is 7 Versas on the Drifter which would lead to 1 spare if the Streetlites are indeed for the Drifter whereas the 39 now uses a total of 8 Buses which in coincidence is the same number of Streetlites on order for Deptford.

There's 8 Versas on the Drifter. Also, why repaint them now before the Streetlites arrive if 5 are remaining Drifter branded for the 61?
(11 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm)Kuyoyo wrote
(11 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just been reading back over a few pages and I've realised that the Streetlites maybe for the Doxford Clipper and not the Drifter Brand. I could be wrong, but I think we may of been had regarding the Information given over the past few months.

There's 8 Versas on the Drifter. Also, why repaint them now before the Streetlites arrive if 5 are remaining Drifter branded for the 61?

So why are the Drifter Cadets being used on the 36 and the Simplicity Versas on the 61, as for repainting them now, because they are due in a few weeks that is why, just seems really odd to me.
(11 Jun 2013, 6:16 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(11 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm)Kuyoyo wrote

So why are the Drifter Cadets being used on the 36 and the Simplicity Versas on the 61, as for repainting them now, because they are due in a few weeks that is why, just seems really odd to me.

Were 3941-3/62/4/5 repainted before 6043-8 arrived? No, because they were still needed on the X9/X10, same reason none of the Versas have yet to be repainted they are still needed on the 53/54 and the 60. As for why the Drifter Cadets are on the 36/36A, who knows!
A friend confirmed only the Saltwell Park versa's will move to WSS, all still seems unclear which WSS service they will go on

As for the Streetlites... I have no idea what they will be used on atm.

I just hope they don't paint them a horrible colour, we never know the Streetlites might go Northen Red.

We just have to wait and see. =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Nothing has been confirmed officially regarding upcoming fleet movements and/or repaints to my knowledge, so I don't think we can be so sure to shoot one another's ideas down!

As for repaints occurring before vehicles arrive or fleet movements commence, it does happen? The 39 and 61 are prime examples of this happening currently. If they are to receive new(er) vehicles, the vehicles currently used on those services are being repainted one by one to prepare for this. I could imagine if a depot wasn't so short of vehicles, they would allow for more than one to go at one given time though!
As soon as Deptford's remaining vehicles are repainted and transferred, I could imagine work on the Versas will start. 605 plus 8271-3 to go.
The Saltwell Park Versas will be used on the M2/M3, There zero need for them on the W5/W6 as the service is barely used during the day, minus peak times when it does fill up.

Chris White confirmed to me on FLICKR that the 61 is now Simplicity Branded along with the 42. TBF I don't see the point in the Streetlites replacing the Versas on the 60, work quite well to my knowledge of using the service.Which is why I think the Streetlites may end up on the 39.

Just have to wait and see aren't we.
(11 Jun 2013, 7:23 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote The Saltwell Park Versas will be used on the M2/M3, There zero need for them on the W5/W6 as the service is barely used during the day, minus peak times when it does fill up.

Chris White confirmed to me on FLICKR that the 61 is now Simplicity Branded along with the 42. TBF I don't see the point in the Streetlites replacing the Versas on the 60, work quite well to my knowledge of using the service.Which is why I think the Streetlites may end up on the 39.

Just have to wait and see aren't we.

Oh nice, tbh its a good idea for the 61 to become simplicity - saves them re-branding the versa's.

Leave the Drifter for Versa only with the streetlites on the 39.. they will look great in Silver..

As for the Satlwell park versa's... go Silver or stay Green?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
As for the Satlwell park versa's... go Silver or stay Green?
[/quote]

Go Silver I reckon unless GNE are planning a total rebrand of the service
I wonder if we could see a new Brand just for the M2/M3 and leave the W5/W6 streetshuttle?

Should be a intresting few months for fleet changes.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The MPDs on the Streetshuttle are looking very tatty on the outside, with vinyls peeling off and the paint getting tired.
They must be due a refurb. If they aren't - then they should be.

If the Versas get a refresh, maybe the MPD's will too - for a launch of a refreshed Streetshuttle or a new brand for Washington altogether?
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I don't know who your source is but according to the GNE wesbite the 61 is still branded as drifter and it's new timetable is drifter green. Also it makes no sense what's so ever to change a brand completely when it still a well-known name. There is also the simplicity weekly ticket and to have a service branded as Simplicty but unable to use it on that service is very misleading for passengers. The Simplicty brand has no connection to the route of the 61.
Everyone is intitled to their own opinions, however, I find it hard to believe brand new buses could be ordered for a route that isn't considered one of the main routes. The 39 isn't exactly one of GNE's most profitable routes, hence why they don't even run it on evenings, like the 60 is. The original information stated that Drifter & Saltwell Park were to get StreetLites, and I find it hard to believe they totally changed that it seems a bit unorganised for a company like GNE. My personal theory, feel free to disute, is that 5 drifter Versa will go to 61 with the other three along with the spare simplicity Versa may move onto the 39.
We all have our options and we all have heard diffrent rumours we all just have to wait and see.

The new doxford clipper timetable has the MPD on but thier getting painted atm and it looks like they will loose them.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Were 3941-3/62/4/5 repainted before 6043-8 arrived? No, because they were still needed on the X9/X10, same reason none of the Versas have yet to be repainted they are still needed on the 53/54 and the 60. As for why the Drifter Cadets are on the 36/36A, who knows!

The 'Citylink' Citaro's were orange for about a month before moving to 'Diamond' despite still being required for the 58?
How many 'clippers' were there when the branding was launched?
Obviously Doxford Clipper is still about (just), the Team Valley Clipper didnt last long. Just remembered the Cobalt too.
Was there any other services which fell into that brand or was it just those three?

re vehicles being painted before a service launches - the X1 had all sorts of different colour Omnicities running about on it before the Citaro's arrived.
(11 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(11 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Were 3941-3/62/4/5 repainted before 6043-8 arrived? No, because they were still needed on the X9/X10, same reason none of the Versas have yet to be repainted they are still needed on the 53/54 and the 60. As for why the Drifter Cadets are on the 36/36A, who knows!

The 'Citylink' Citaro's were orange for about a month before moving to 'Diamond' despite still being required for the 58?

Yes, but they were undergoing warranty work at that time so they took the chance to have them repainted at the same time.