You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion
(05 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm)Jimmi wrote 1302 broke down in Ferryhill on service 8.

GET THESE SHEDS OFF THE 8/8A IT IS BECOMING AN UTTER JOKE NOW!!!

If you can think of something to replace them with that aren't already intended for or already in use elsewhere then maybe they can be replaced but you'll be struggling I'll tell you that much.
(05 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote If you can think of something to replace them with that aren't already intended for or already in use elsewhere then maybe they can be replaced but you'll be struggling I'll tell you that much.

Your right there is nothing that could replace them right now, so unfortunately we'll have to continue to put up with these donkeys for a bit longer.
(05 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Could revive the DAFs. Big Grin

They don't have wheelchair ramps and the seats are uncomfortable, but they would probably brake down less.

The older Darts are probably in better nick than the 1300 series Darts.
(05 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm)Jimmi wrote 1320, 1323 and 1327 were the Enviro 200's on the 64 today (the same three which I think were out on the 6/64 on Saturday)

I had a ride out on 1327 after work. I have to admit they're a really good acquisition for ANE. It looks like the TFL seating standard has been left in place, so no cramped leg room. Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Jan 2015, 8:01 pm)aureolin wrote I had a ride out on 1327 after work. I have to admit they're a really good acquisition for ANE. It looks like the TFL seating standard has been left in place, so no cramped leg room. Smile

They are quite nice, pity we couldn't have gotten some more - they would be ideal at Darlington depot for the 8/8A.

My slight worry with them is they only have 36 seats which could be a problem with New College peak loads.

1323 was better than 2811 which I also had on the 64.
The next stop announcements didn't seem to be working on 7501 this morning, the screen (downstairs at least) was only showing "Welcome to Sapphire", however I had my earphones in until just before my stop so I couldn't hear them if they were coming through the speakers. (Although I did have my earphones in on my way home and I could still hear them, and I can hear them every other time with my earphones in).
(18 Dec 2014, 9:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote Confirmed registrations for the 10 Pulsars transferring from North West next year...
3113-3122 MX12KXC/D/E/F KWK/L/M/N/O/P
Part of the list of 49 transferring out of North West as a result of the new E400s entering service over there. Full list posted on my Arriva group at www.facebook.com/groups/arrivauk
Any more news on when these will transfer, as the North West E400s have started to enter service?
(07 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm)Jimmi wrote The 1515 X21 from Park Lane arrived with no passengers onboard but has left with 15 with about half being fares.

The 22 just in front looked to have about 20 odd people onboard.

4812 doesn't appear to have WiFi yet.

Another passenger jumped on in Ryhope.

The doors on 4812 still don't close properly.
(07 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm)Jimmi wrote The 1515 X21 from Park Lane arrived with no passengers onboard but has left with 15 with about half being fares.

The 22 just in front looked to have about 20 odd people onboard.

4812 doesn't appear to have WiFi yet.
Do you know how it does on peak time runs? Or is 15 passengers about the maximum it gets to?
Site Administrator
(07 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm)mb134 wrote Do you know how it does on peak time runs? Or is 15 passengers about the maximum it gets to?

The arrival into Sunderland just after 8 tends to get about 15 passengers, but the 23 after it don't seem to do very well. The arrival into Sunderland just after half 8 tends to get about 10, but the 22 which comes in around the same time comes in more-or-less empty.
(07 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm)mb134 wrote Do you know how it does on peak time runs? Or is 15 passengers about the maximum it gets to?

Don't really know the X21's passenger numbers as I am not from that way and only use the X21 when I have a trip out to Sunderland.
(07 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote The arrival into Sunderland just after 8 tends to get about 15 passengers, but the 23 after it don't seem to do very well. The arrival into Sunderland just after half 8 tends to get about 10, but the 22 which comes in around the same time comes in more-or-less empty.
Hmm, did Arriva market the service around the bus station when it was launched? Seems like pretty low passenger numbers compared to Go North East's X7

[quote pid='79108' dateline='1420650381']
Jimmi
Don't really know the X21's passenger numbers as I am not from that way and only use the X21 when I have a trip out to Sunderland.
[/quote]
Ah right okay Smile
When ive been on the 21/X21 that you may get just a few pensioners traveling through Peterlee bus station to Sunderland and vice versa, only problem is that the X21 is timed off Peterlee bus station after service 23 to Sunderland leaves, you may get a couple of passengers waiting for the X21. From Sunderland the X21 is timed out just after main service 22. Been a few times that fare paying passengers are boarding the X21 from Sunderland and traveling between Vilette road junction and ryhope as either service 60/61 not in the stands at Interchange when their are running late and leaving gaps in their stands. Why is it the buses on the 21/X21 when traveling on the A19 always having the heating blasted out (thought sometimes that my blood was going to boil out of my skin lol), unless something changes I cant see this lasting out a year for the X21. Don't know why Arriva cant change service 22 and run it as a X22 between Peterlee and Sunderland via X21 route and have service 23 running as a all stopper service via Dalton Park.

Site Administrator
(07 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm)cbma06 wrote When ive been on the 21/X21 that you may get just a few pensioners traveling through Peterlee bus station to Sunderland and vice versa, only problem is that the X21 is timed off Peterlee bus station after service 23 to Sunderland leaves, you may get a couple of passengers waiting for the X21. From Sunderland the X21 is timed out just after main service 22. Been a few times that fare paying passengers are boarding the X21 from Sunderland and traveling between Vilette road junction and ryhope as either service 60/61 not in the stands at Interchange when their are running late and leaving gaps in their stands. Why is it the buses on the 21/X21 when traveling on the A19 always having the heating blasted out (thought sometimes that my blood was going to boil out of my skin lol), unless something changes I cant see this lasting out a year for the X21.   Don't know why Arriva cant change service 22 and run it as a X22 between Peterlee and Sunderland via X21 route and have service 23 running as a all stopper service via Dalton Park.

Yes, Chris, you make a fair point about the timings and it's a point which keeps on cropping up on this forum when we discuss the lower than expected passenger numbers on service X21.

I'm very much in favour of your suggestion of running service 22 direct from Peterlee to Sunderland, as per current X21 route, and re-routing service 23 to serve Dalton Park. Would also like to see both of the revised routes join the "Sapphire" family, with the eco-friendly Streetlite Micro-Hybrid and MAN EcoCity buses being deployed elsewhere.
(07 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm)cbma06 wrote When ive been on the 21/X21 that you may get just a few pensioners traveling through Peterlee bus station to Sunderland and vice versa, only problem is that the X21 is timed off Peterlee bus station after service 23 to Sunderland leaves, you may get a couple of passengers waiting for the X21. From Sunderland the X21 is timed out just after main service 22. Been a few times that fare paying passengers are boarding the X21 from Sunderland and traveling between Vilette road junction and ryhope as either service 60/61 not in the stands at Interchange when their are running late and leaving gaps in their stands. Why is it the buses on the 21/X21 when traveling on the A19 always having the heating blasted out (thought sometimes that my blood was going to boil out of my skin lol), unless something changes I cant see this lasting out a year for the X21. Don't know why Arriva cant change service 22 and run it as a X22 between Peterlee and Sunderland via X21 route and have service 23 running as a all stopper service via Dalton Park.

5 of the passengers that got on at Park Lane got off in Ryhope this afternoon, there was no 60/61's in Park Lane until just before we left.

The heating wasn't on tonight, it can be horrific if the heating is on for the full journey, last time I rode the X21/21 I had to take my coat off and I still felt warm.

Hope X21 passenger numbers improve as I love having a bus straight to Sunderland without having to change buses.

If you made the 23 any longer it would need an extra bus in it's PVR.
Arriva continue to amaze me with how bad their website is, just looked at the Saturday Darlington 5/5A timetable and it displays the times for an early moring Easington - Middlesbrough service 5! Huh
Also it still has info for Christmas times.

A few diversions to routes in February:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/up...-5-and-64/

EDIT: THESE DIVERSIONS ARE FROM LAST YEAR! I didn't see the date.
(09 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm)Jimmi wrote Arriva continue to amaze me with how bad their website is, just looked at the Saturday Darlington 5/5A timetable and it displays the times for an early moring Easington - Middlesbrough service 5! Huh

Look at the date of the diversions...
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion
(09 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm)Jimmi wrote Arriva continue to amaze me with how bad their website is, just looked at the Saturday Darlington 5/5A timetable and it displays the times for an early moring Easington - Middlesbrough service 5! Huh

Their X12/X2 page still has the option for the timetables before they changed on 31 August 2014!
Site Administrator
(09 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm)peter wrote Look at the date of the diversions...
Oh dear... haha!
Anyone know how much a return from darlington to bishop auckland is? Thanks!
(09 Jan 2015, 6:04 pm)GUG wrote Anyone know how much a return from darlington to bishop auckland is? Thanks!

A X1 day saver is £4.30 - this will give you unlimited travel on the X1 from Darlington to Bishop Auckland Smile