Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
WSS MPD 530 is on the X1 at the moment. Just tookover at Gateshead. Should be at the galleries in about 20-25 mins for anyone that's interested.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
525 NA52 AWH Go North East Dennis Dart MPD Washington Street Shuttle on the Red Arrows X1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...3040423906

Not the first there has been a WSS on the X1, The above photo was taken on the afternoon of October 25th Last Year, which I believe is the last recorded sighting until today of that working, shame I've been back in the House for 20 otherwise I would of caught it at The Galleries probably.

As for other odd workings today I caught.

4968 NK53 UNU GNE Laser Wright Solar on the Silver Arrows 2A to Sunderland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8936975624/

As for the 73 it was operating using one of the Nexus Solo SR's which I expecting, but I had hoped to see something different. Passengers Numbers were 0 off at The Galleries and 1 got on on the 14:09 departure from Washington Galleries. In all Honesty I don't see this lasting very long in it's current form.
I passed a Yellow Olympian on the A19 heading North on an X10 and a red Northern Cadet was on the 20a on the A690 heading towards Sunderland, both about half an hour ago
Site Administrator
39 currently diverting - has an announcement been made?

Diverting via Stockton Road (main corridor for the 60/61 etc), so is completely omitting Toward Road, Hendon etc.
Lime branded Wright Renown 4896 was working on the 28/28A today. Got a shot of it near Grey's Monument in Newcastle, minus the destination though unfortunately Sad

[Image: 8938074946_fb5e2078d7.jpg]
chris white
Unregistered
(03 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm)Daniel wrote Anyone got any news on if the collision today involving two buses involved Go North East, Arriva North East or both?

http://www.sun-fm.com/news/local/986692/...hope-road/

I can give you information as I was on one of the buses. Arriva Solo 2819 went into the back of GNE Versa 8327 which had to brake suddenly for some reason. One passenger needed medical attention after being thrown from his seat but no-one was injured.

Chris

Seen today in Sunderland was Fast Cat 4955 (NA02NVL) on Doxford Clipper 39.

Laser Scania 4968 (NK53UNU) on Silver Arrows 2C.

Also seen in Gateshead was Lime Renown 4896 (V986ETN) on Waggonway 28A.

Chris
CatsFast101
Unregistered
So it would seem in terms of allocations that I was right- Simplicity Versas to 61- I imagine possibly temporay. My moneys on the 61 getting the 60 Versa's when the StreeLites arrive, until then the Simplicity Versas will cover it, as to coincide with the changes the, 36's new allocation is former drifter cadets, explains 8258 getting branded Northern, as it means the other 4 drifter cadets will be used on the 36 (which has a PVR of 4). Long term future of simplicity Versa's though remains to be seen? Could they go northern and where to? Long shot here what about Waggonway?
8321 on the 2C
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8942362178/

Withdrawn Caetano Compass Dart inside Deptford.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

I was walking upto my Grandparents House in Millfield and I decided to go via Deptford so I could get a quick snap of the Withdrawn Caetano Compass Darts, This photo was taken from outside the depot with arms through the gaps in the fence holding my camera to then take the photo. As I unlike others follow the rules. Thats before anyone starts having ago at me.

More photos to come from yesterday once I fix them as they are corrupt.
Looking at the GNE facebook page, the 73 changes arent going down too well, not helped by an apparent lack of timetable either.

Maybe Nexus should have funded two services to make up for the shortfall in GNE commercial work - as this option doesnt look to be working.
Site Administrator
I made a note of the diversion on the 39 yesterday. I totally forgot about the extra short peak time runnings that go via Stockton Road - sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

"East Durham" 501 with Deptford today rather than Peterlee, and she has broken down in Park Lane.
(04 Jun 2013, 10:01 am)Si1989 wrote Just drove passed saltmeadows and there is a drifter cadet and a metro link solar being preped for repaint

Bit early for the MetroLink to be repainted as the Citaros are not due until October/November although I have also heard they are due in the next few weeks. Conflicting reports on there expected arrival then. Must be soon if the Solars are starting to get repainted.

But if the MetroLink Solar is to be indeed repainted today it'll either be Northern, Maroon Red for Waggonway or Green for Lambton Worm, As that's what i've heard they are going on once the Citaros arrive.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Here what I thinks going to happen:-

Drifter Cadets go Northern for 36.
Simplicity Versas go to 61, Temporaily.
Prince Bishop Solars (10) go to North Tyne Links.
Prince Bishop Solars (2) go to OK Way.
MetroLink Solars (5) go to Waggonway.
MetroLink Solars (4) go to Lambton Worm.
Fab FiftySix Solars (8) go to Doxford Clipper.
Saltwell Park Versas (8) go to Washington Street Shuttle.
Drifter Versas (5) go to 61.
Drifter Versas (3), Simplcity Versas (5), Fab FiftySix Solars (8), MetroLink Solars (2) are left unallocated- possible SPD replacements.

Would personally also like to see some Versas go to Peterlee for East Durham. Some of their buses on the 202, 208, 265, 209 can run reasonably full especially the 202- the two out of 3 times I was on last week I had to stand.
(04 Jun 2013, 6:54 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Here what I thinks going to happen:-

Drifter Versas (3), Simplcity Versas (5), Fab FiftySix Solars (8), MetroLink Solars (2) are left unallocated- possible SPD replacements.

Would personally also like to see some Versas go to Peterlee for East Durham. Some of their buses on the 202, 208, 265, 209 can run reasonably full especially the 202- the two out of 3 times I was on last week I had to stand.

I only see a few problems with your thought what would prince bishop and FAB 56 get??
[/quote]

I only see a few problems with your thought what would prince bishop and FAB 56 get??
[/quote]

Double Deckers, which is due end of the year i think =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Scanias won't replace MPDs, and likely won't directly replace the Prestiges on the Waggonway and Lambton Worm, instead likely see them replace B10BLEs on Lime and those will replace the Prestiges on the 28/28A and the 34/34A.
I would also like to see Scania's on the 8/78/78A but atm the B10's on there are just doing fine.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Any idea what happened to the rear nearside of 5314? Noticed it when it pulled in to Heworth tonight. iPhone pic through a window hence the poor quality. Undecided
.jpg 5314.jpg
(04 Jun 2013, 7:12 pm)Kuyoyo wrote

Scanias won't replace MPDs, and likely won't directly replace the Prestiges on the Waggonway and Lambton Worm, instead likely see them replace B10BLEs on Lime and those will replace the Prestiges on the 28/28A and the 34/34A.

I disagree, I think the MetroLink Solars will go on the Waggonway and Lambton Worm and then later in the year either the Prince Bishops or Fab56 Solars will go on the Lime once the Geminis arrive for those services. And the Lime Renowns will end up Northern Replacing the SPD's.

Plus how can you make comment on the services being discussed when your from Middlesbrough and these are not your local services and you don't use them on a daily basis like most people i.e. myself regarding the M1/M2/M3/56 and the 8.

So what do you think the MetroLink Solars etc will go on then? Just Curious.

Also just a thought what about the remaining spare Wright Solars going on the 64/64A/95/96/96A under some form of Branding other than Northern.
Site Administrator
Fast Cats 4955 at Park Lane on 38s.

EDIT: Driver was just playing with the blind - on short X35 now, which means it's going on the 38 anyway.

---

Spare Sunderland Connect 628 on 700s today, if anyone would like a photo of her on the 700 rather than the 39 or any other service she commonly appears on these days!
(05 Jun 2013, 6:52 am)Daniel wrote Vyking on the 36A. Just recently left Park Lane.

now it would be nice if the 27X got more than 564
27X would be restricted to single deck vehicles due to the fact it goes under a low bridge in Hebburn.

Additionally there is a Cobalt Clipper Citaro on the North Tyne Links circuit. Last seen heading to North Shields on the 80 in Howdon at around 0940.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
chris white
Unregistered
(05 Jun 2013, 7:01 am)Daniel wrote Fast Cats 4955 at Park Lane on 38s.

EDIT: Driver was just playing with the blind - on short X35 now, which means it's going on the 38 anyway.

I can confirm 4955 is indeed on 38 as it passed me this morning at Tunstall Bank.

Chris

I cannot see Versas being sent to low-cost units like Peterlee, SPDs or Cadets maybe. I also cannot see the North Tyne links jumping from MPDs to Solars. I find it much more likely that Solars would replace Renowns on the Lime, and Renowns to replace the Waggonways. The four remaining Pulse Renowns are due for repaint soon aren't they?
Of course all of this is just speculation at present.

Chris
I wonder if the moderators here might give consideration to having a separate thread elsewhere for pure speculation?

Personally, I'd prefer it if this thread here was limited to such things as vehicle observations and meaningful discussion of GNE services and brands and other announcements. I find the whole "Here's what I think is going to happen" and "This is what a driver told me" stuff to be very tedious and somewhat pointless.

No doubt I'll get shot down in flames, but if we could separate out the guesswork and fantasy from the reality of what's happening on the road, I'd find this to be far more interesting.