You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
(25 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm)Robert wrote Sorry can you provide a link to the post? This morning i had a look through all posts which had been posted overnight and today so far and yours wasnt one of them which is why i decided to post it.

First post of today!

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=831&pid=82232#pid82232
(25 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm)Robert wrote Sorry can you provide a link to the post? This morning i had a look through all posts which had been posted overnight and today so far and yours wasnt one of them which is why i decided to post it.

Dan already has but i wasn't being nasty, i was having a joke, i hope you didn't think i was being nasty.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Jimmi wrote All the signs are wrong everywhere it seems, is there still one that says the X3 near Tesco.

I find it stupid that the 60/61 has been a mix of silver Citaro's and Drifter StreetLite's so some journeys on the 60 won't be getting their enhanced features: WiFi, charging, announcements.

X3 hmm 56 is still opposite Benfield ford in newcastle road yet it's never stopped there
(25 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm)Michael wrote  
Dan already has but i wasn't being nasty, i was having a joke, i hope you didn't think i was being nasty.

ah no. Thats the last way i would[Image: arrow-10x10.png] have interpreted the post! Dont worry about it. I did see the post but i didnt see the edit because i read the post once and dismissed it like i do with most posts unless i need to refer to them.
Why have I just saw a 2a bus at Silksworth only meant to be 2 running today. Spotted 5202 on 39 yet it's meant to be cadets
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 6:17 pm)Acky81 wrote Why have I just saw a 2a bus at Silksworth only meant to be 2 running today. Spotted 5202 on 39 yet it's meant to be cadets

The new 2/2A run every 20 minutes on Sundays now, opposed to half-hourly. There are two services numbered '2' (serving Station Road, Shiney Row) and one service numbered '2A' (serving Biddick Village Centre and Barnwell Avondale Avenue Shops) per hour. The City Centre - Silksworth section of the route has no differentiation in route regardless of number, but both numbers are used for the duration of the route.

Staff at Deptford had to reprogram 120 buses last night, after all buses had returned to the depot (which on a Saturday is approximately 00:45am). Chances are they didn't get round to doing all of the DAF SB120/Wright Cadet vehicles, so a Scania L94UB/Wright Solar has had to be allocated today in its place.
(25 Jan 2015, 6:17 pm)Acky81 wrote Why have I just saw a 2a bus at Silksworth only meant to be 2 running today. Spotted 5202 on 39 yet it's meant to be cadets

Thats what the rare & odd workings thread is for...
(25 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm)park5354 wrote 5332 is now ex Blaydon Racer.

Seriously... i thought it was just branded -.-
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 7:15 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote This is confusing. I thought it had just been branded with all the vinyls and stuff?

When Adam M said it had been vinyled I was quite surprised, after a few emails, it was discovered that our Third Party Vinyl fitters had vinyled it for Blaydon Racers in error, mainly due to a red Mercedes coming out of the paint shop.

This vehicle should be operating on X66 as a temporary measure until the new vehicles are delivered, along with three red Scania L94's.
(25 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm)Robert wrote Thats what the rare & odd workings thread is for...

Sorry robert
(25 Jan 2015, 11:08 pm)Robert wrote It appears that 4853 replaced 4854 at some point:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128497080@...otostream/

I saw what appears to be 4854, just before 12, heading into Chester on a Consett bound service.
Reckon people can draw their own conclusions as to when Lee took this photo and Dan took his, and when the vehicle swap took place Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Will the stop announcements be ever used on the 2/2A, as im sure the 42 had them....?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2015, 7:48 am)Andreos1 wrote I saw what appears to be 4854, just before 12, heading into Chester on a Consett bound service.
Reckon people can draw their own conclusions as to when Lee took this photo and Dan took his, and when the vehicle swap took place Wink

His was the 11:10 departure out of Sunderland, mine the 14:10.

Mind, you're not seeing enough of GCT and CCT's fleet to think that 4854 even stands a chance of being scruffier... Like I said yesterday, CCT's 08-reg Solo was more black than white when I saw it the other day... Surprisingly, their Iveco minibuses (primarily used for Bingo shuttles and disabled school transport etc) are actually a lot cleaner than their public service fleet. I'd expect these to be washed less, with them only going out and about for a few hours.
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2015, 7:53 am)Michael wrote Will the stop announcements be ever used on the 2/2A, as im sure the 42 had them....?

Hopefully at some point, but 8306 - 8309 aren't fitted with Next Stop Announcements.
Whether they can be retrofitted and also be fitted with colour destinations so that they match 8319-8327, who knows...

Service 61 (irritatingly) never received the Next Stop Announcements. Technology is there and paid for, but hasn't been used since they came off the 36..!
(26 Jan 2015, 7:56 am)Dan wrote Hopefully at some point, but 8306 - 8309 aren't fitted with Next Stop Announcements.

Whether they can be retrofitted and also be fitted with colour destinations so that they match 8319-8327, who knows...

Ah right, i thought all of the versa's at Deptford were.

Hopefully they are, although would it cost alot?

Oh and enjoying the versa i'm on, on the 2A, not like a citaro but can't complain, as i like the versa's
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2015, 7:58 am)Michael wrote Ah right, i thought all of the versa's at Deptford were.

Hopefully they are, although would it cost alot?

Giving 8306 - 8309 colour destinations wouldn't incur a cost as there's a large amount of corporate liveried buses in the fleet which have colour destinations, so these could just be swapped around as they should be the same size. I'm hoping that all of the Solars joining the Prince Bishops family will also get them fitted.

Not sure how much it costs to fit Next Stop Announcement screens. Arriva received funding to fit some of their buses in Darlington with Next Stop Announcements, so maybe it is a little pricey.
(26 Jan 2015, 8:01 am)Dan wrote Giving 8306 - 8309 colour destinations wouldn't incur a cost as there's a large amount of corporate liveried buses in the fleet which have colour destinations, so these could just be swapped around as they should be the same size. I'm hoping that all of the Solars joining the Prince Bishops family will also get them fitted.

Not sure how much it costs to fit Next Stop Announcement screens. Arriva received funding to fit some of their buses in Darlington with Next Stop Announcements, so maybe it is a little pricey.

Hopefully when some of the older buses get withdrawn, they take them ones out and replace them.

Its amazing at how many people didn't know the 2A/2C changed yesterday....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Jan 2015, 7:55 am)Dan wrote His was the 11:10 departure out of Sunderland, mine the 14:10.

Mind, you're not seeing enough of GCT and CCT's fleet to think that 4854 even stands a chance of being scruffier... Like I said yesterday, CCT's 08-reg Solo was more black than white when I saw it the other day... Surprisingly, their Iveco minibuses (primarily used for Bingo shuttles and disabled school transport etc) are actually a lot cleaner than their public service fleet. I'd expect these to be washed less, with them only going out and about for a few hours.

If they go back to the yard they'll get washed though, whereas the Solos may be out all day so there'll be no-one around to check on the drivers when they get back with the service buses.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(26 Jan 2015, 8:34 am)tyresmoke wrote If they go back to the yard they'll get washed though, whereas the Solos may be out all day so there'll be no-one around to check on the drivers when they get back with the service buses.

As well as that, you have the fact they ain't out as often and by virtue won't accumulate as much muck.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
4936 is on the 39. Stuck it in here as I'm unsure if it will be an allocation from now on.
Wee bit of regulation going on with the Angels today. Seen 2 turned out NIS in Newcastle. Assuming as a result of the tailbacks on the A1 which are affecting Low Fell quite badly
Although we know fleet changes, heres the confirmation of them from GNE.
Following revision to services at the weekend, the following vehicle transfers have taken place: Volvo B9 6084 (repainted from Fab 56 to GNE red) Volvo B10BLE 4914 and Versa 8329 from Deptford to Riverside. MPD 562 from Percy Main to Deptford and Volvo B10BLE 4911 from Percy Main to Riverside. DAF SB120s 8260 from Washington to Deptford, 8272 & 8273 Chester le Street to Deptford. This has led to the withdrawal of all the remaining Mercedes Citaro artics and Scania artic 4952. The remaining Scania artics are due for withdrawal next week end.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The Artics were a novelty factor at first and it's a shame for whatever reason they haven't worked out in this part of the UK (or Malta!!)

They do seem to work out well in some cities and areas but not in others, I much preferred the Mercs over the Wright. I can see why GNE tried something different (it seemed a bit gimmicky) but Stagecoach have proven on the 100 that you need workhorse quality not flashy interiors, graphics and the like
(26 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm)gtom wrote The Artics were a novelty factor at first and it's a shame for whatever reason they haven't worked out in this part of the UK (or Malta!!)

They do seem to work out well in some cities and areas but not in others, I much preferred the Mercs over the Wright.  I can see why GNE tried something different (it seemed a bit gimmicky) but Stagecoach have proven on the 100 that you need workhorse quality not flashy interiors, graphics and the like

I would agree. Although I very rarely saw anything other than an artic on the X66.

The artics are crowd movers. They are very effective at moving a lot of people a short distance, but aren't any good for anything else, as there is more standing room than seats in them. I have been on bendy buses in Italy, and the were surprisingly effective when going the much longer distance between Padova and Venice, via Dolo.
4951 is still out on the X40 if anyone's after a last ride or photo