You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
(25 Jan 2015, 3:48 pm)Michael wrote Like most bus stop's NEXUS cba, whats its gonna be like if they do take over.... half arsed job on updating bus stops... there links to the bus stations haven't being updated for ages on their site..... 

The ones in Newcastle are almost always updated on time, even where I live in the forgotten land of Throckley! When almost an entire network changes (as happens frequently on GNE routes on Wearside) then given the number of stops it's hardly surprising they are not all ready. 58 days is not long to study all the new timetables, create new templates for scores or even hundreds of bus stops, send them all to a printers and get them back in time to then go to scores or even hundreds of bus stops to replace the old ones. Cut them some slack!
(26 Jan 2015, 1:55 pm)markydh wrote The ones in Newcastle are almost always updated on time, even where I live in the forgotten land of Throckley! When almost an entire network changes (as happens frequently on GNE routes on Wearside) then given the number of stops it's hardly surprising they are not all ready. 58 days is not long to study all the new timetables, create new templates for scores or even hundreds of bus stops, send them all to a printers and get them back in time to then go to scores or even hundreds of bus stops to replace the old ones. Cut them some slack!

58 days is 1 and half months. Long enough to at least put notices up advising of changes.
(26 Jan 2015, 1:55 pm)markydh wrote The ones in Newcastle are almost always updated on time, even where I live in the forgotten land of Throckley! When almost an entire network changes (as happens frequently on GNE routes on Wearside) then given the number of stops it's hardly surprising they are not all ready. 58 days is not long to study all the new timetables, create new templates for scores or even hundreds of bus stops, send them all to a printers and get them back in time to then go to scores or even hundreds of bus stops to replace the old ones. Cut them some slack!

Nexus shouldn't be taking that long to put new timetables up...
Northumberland Council put theirs up the day before the changes...
(26 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Nexus shouldn't be taking that long to put new timetables up...

I can agree with you on that one. I also find Northumberland Councils layout more simple and easier to understand.
(26 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Nexus shouldn't be taking that long to put new timetables up...

DurhamCC always updated them in advance too. Usually, done a day or two before which I think is best way. Dalton Park, Eastlea Stores & Seaham Grange timetables are all been updated showing yesterdays changes (only change was 61 on Sundays I believe too). 
Meanwhile, Nexus haven't got round to updating the ones on Durham Road yet- despite a few changes to X35, 35/36 & 20's! 
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2015, 2:57 pm)Drifter60 wrote DurhamCC always updated them in advance too. Usually, done a day or two before which I think is best way. Dalton Park, Eastlea Stores & Seaham Grange timetables are all been updated showing yesterdays changes (only change was 61 on Sundays I believe too). 
Meanwhile, Nexus haven't got round to updating the ones on Durham Road yet- despite a few changes to X35, 35/36 & 20's! 

Nor the ones on Newcastle Road. Can't confirm for sure, but the ones at the Wheatsheaf looked as though they hadn't been updated either - so guess none of the ones in the Monkwearmouth area have...

Also agree that updating them a day in advance is the best way - 58 days is almost two months and this is more than enough time, in my opinion, especially if Durham County Council and Northumberland can do it.
There is a bus stop in Birtley which reckons the 184 still stops their, and a bus stop in Barley Mow Est which reckons the 23/23A still stop their. The amount of times I've had to go outside and tell people it doesn't run anymore is astonishing!
(26 Jan 2015, 11:49 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Does anyone know what's been ordered for the X66 yet? (Know its a rigid vehicle)

err....yes  Tongue
(26 Jan 2015, 11:49 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Does anyone know what's been ordered for the X66 yet? (Know its a rigid vehicle)

What is the longest/highest capacity rigid single-decker available?
(26 Jan 2015, 6:19 pm)G-CPTN wrote What is the longest/highest capacity rigid single-decker available?

New? Streetlites can handle 67, and on an upgraded frequency (as mooted before?) there'd be no reason why they wouldn't cope.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Following revision to services at the weekend, the following vehicle transfers have taken place: Volvo B9 6084 (repainted from Fab 56 to GNE red) Volvo B10BLE 4914 and Versa 8329 from Deptford to Riverside. MPD 562 from Percy Main to Deptford and Volvo B10BLE 4911 from Percy Main to Riverside. DAF SB120s 8260 from Washington to Deptford, 8272 & 8273 Chester le Street to Deptford. This has led to the withdrawal of all the remaining Mercedes Citaro artics and Scania artic 4952. The remaining Scania artics are due for withdrawal next week end.
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(26 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Following revision to services at the weekend, the following vehicle transfers have taken place: Volvo B9 6084 (repainted from Fab 56 to GNE red) Volvo B10BLE 4914 and Versa 8329 from Deptford to Riverside. MPD 562 from Percy Main to Deptford and Volvo B10BLE 4911 from Percy Main to Riverside. DAF SB120s 8260 from Washington to Deptford, 8272 & 8273 Chester le Street to Deptford. This has led to the withdrawal of all the remaining Mercedes Citaro artics and Scania artic 4952. The remaining Scania artics are due for withdrawal next week end.

Almost a weekly thing now, if you read back through the posts you'd find that it it has already been posted. Obviously in my case yesterday i only missed the information because it was an Edit rather than an original post.
(26 Jan 2015, 6:39 pm)RM2186 wrote Have a look at this single decker rigid on the X9

[Image: 3752a.jpg]

Tongue
That'll do!
(26 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Following revision to services at the weekend, the following vehicle transfers have taken place: Volvo B9 6084 (repainted from Fab 56 to GNE red) Volvo B10BLE 4914 and Versa 8329 from Deptford to Riverside. MPD 562 from Percy Main to Deptford and Volvo B10BLE 4911 from Percy Main to Riverside. DAF SB120s 8260 from Washington to Deptford, 8272 & 8273 Chester le Street to Deptford. This has led to the withdrawal of all the remaining Mercedes Citaro artics and Scania artic 4952. The remaining Scania artics are due for withdrawal next week end.

If you look back, i already posted it.... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote When Adam M said it had been vinyled I was quite surprised, after a few emails, it was discovered that our Third Party Vinyl fitters had vinyled it for Blaydon Racers in error, mainly due to a red Mercedes coming out of the paint shop.

This vehicle should be operating on X66 as a temporary measure until the new vehicles are delivered, along with three red Scania L94's.

As shown below:
[Image: 16373441421_8e883db358.jpg]Go North East: 5332 / BJ10VUS by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

8329 entered service at Riverside this afternoon - on Highwayman duties opposed to the X40:
[Image: 16187540358_c5989fe097.jpg]Go North East: 8329 / NK11HDN by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
(26 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm)Michael wrote If you look back, i already posted it.... 

as if those words will mean anything to him... Tongue 
Surprised nobody mentioned this earlier.

"Go North East"
Traffic congestion on the A19 is causing delays to services ‪#‎X9‬ and ‪#‎X10‬. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I erm the 16:30pm out of Middlesbrough I decided to get back to Heworth and didnt turn up until 5pm, followed in tow by an on time X9 surprise surprise, It then took an Hour and 45 Minutes to get from Middlesbrough to Heworth, arriving at 18:45pm, meaning upon arrival into Newcastle it would have been running around 75-80 Minutes Late, coincidentally it takes 80 Minutes to go Middlesbrough to Newcastle anyway, the X9 which was on time again came in few minutes behind the extremely late X10 operating only 30 Minutes Late, Furthermore as mentioned this morning the 08:13 X10 from Heworth did a complete no show, all in all not a good day at all for the Tyne Tees Xpress.
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2015, 8:54 pm)Malarkey wrote Furthermore as mentioned this morning the 08:13 X10 from Heworth did a complete no show, all in all not a good day at all for the Tyne Tees Xpress.

Chances are it would have just been running extremely late, rather than a "complete no-show." Unfortunately, the incident this morning on the A19 caused major traffic delays throughout the morning, and these delays were ongoing through the day. The A19 didn't fully re-open until 09:30am - and I'd imagine all of the Tyne Tees Xpress buses are out in force by this point.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teessi...nd-8515049
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...for_hours/

Further delays caused due to ongoing work on the A183/A19 junction:
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7071480

There's only so many tachograph-fitted vehicles at Riverside, and there isn't a huge number of spare drivers on the Tyne Tees Xpress rota to be able to cover delayed runs. 6084 started off the day on the Toon Link, but ended up covering on the Tyne Tees Xpress, and there was a report of a Highwayman on there as well.
(26 Jan 2015, 8:54 pm)Malarkey wrote Furthermore as mentioned this morning the 08:13 X10 from Heworth did a complete no show, all in all not a good day at all for the Tyne Tees Xpress.[/font][/color]

I saw a X10 in Middlesbrough Bus Station at around 0955 which was using a Highwayman Solar, not sure if it will have been this one or not but the X9/X10 has been a mess today apparently due to various incidents.
(26 Jan 2015, 9:08 pm)Dan wrote Chances are it would have just been running extremely late, rather than a "complete no-show." Unfortunately, the incident this morning on the A19 caused major traffic delays throughout the morning, and these delays were ongoing through the day. The A19 didn't fully re-open until 09:30am - and I'd imagine all of the Tyne Tees Xpress buses are out in force by this point.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teessi...nd-8515049
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11...for_hours/

Further delays caused due to ongoing work on the A183/A19 junction:
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7071480

There's only so many tachograph-fitted vehicles at Riverside, and there isn't a huge number of spare drivers on the Tyne Tees Xpress rota to be able to cover delayed runs. 6084 started off the day on the Toon Link, but ended up covering on the Tyne Tees Xpress, and there was a report of a Highwayman on there as well.
I wasnt aware of the incidents at the time and there was nothing on GNEs Facebook either when I was waiting for the 0813 at Heworth, as for coming back the issue which caused tailback were between the Houghton le Spring Slip Road and the one for Penshaw/Pennywell, there was a Police Car at the side of the Road and one those that would be used to cut off the Lanes with Illuminated Signs on the side, so there must of been another collision this evening heading towards Newcastle etc, I got a few shots of 6084 in Middlesbrough.  
(26 Jan 2015, 9:28 pm)Jimmi wrote I saw a X10 in Middlesbrough Bus Station at around 0955 which was using a Highwayman Solar, not sure if it will have been this one or not but the X9/X10 has been a mess today apparently due to various incidents.
It could of been depending on how late it was, as noted above the one I got was 80 Minutes late coming into Heworth.
All long distance services are delay prone for their various unique reasons. The A19 can be a nightmare at times and that's wh the TTX can run late but in Northumberland, as soon as snow and ice hits, the X15 / X18 comes to a standstill.
Site Administrator
(27 Jan 2015, 5:33 am)DaveyBowyer wrote All long distance services are delay prone for their various unique reasons. The A19 can be a nightmare at times and that's wh the TTX can run late but in Northumberland, as soon as snow and ice hits, the X15 / X18 comes to a standstill.
I agree. Providing there's no delays on the A19, you could set your watch by the TTX departure times from timing points. It is a very reliable service nine times out of ten, but the A19 has good and bad days which causes a major impact.

The 0813 from Heworth will be the same bus that does the first journey of the day from Tyneside down to Middlesbrough. If the roads were closed until 0930, he stood no chance. Go North East explained why they didn't put anything on Facebook about specific delays: AVL was not working on a number of the TTX buses.
12 33a and a 2 with a 99 behind then. It stood no chance carrying fresh air if you can call crusty 546 fresh.

Love the new destinations on 33 n 33a Doxford Shops and Doxford Inter
Site Administrator
Former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4971 (NK53 UNX) has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint into "Prince Bishops" purple, leaving just two to go to be repainted in purple (4970 and a red example.)

With just two buses at Deptford to go, 'freshen up' repaints are commencing again. Riverside's "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5283 (NK07 KPU) has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint, thus concluding the repainting of these vehicles.

Fleet lists updated to reflect all of Sunday's movements, recent repaints, etc. Also corrected the mistake with the Scania artic registrations and 3825. Let me know if I've accidentally missed anything out.
(27 Jan 2015, 1:07 am)gneasy91 wrote Seen bazza in shields didnt say hi lol wt was loadings like on 36

I wasn't in South Shields today however I was Yesterday getting photos of 20/20A plus others around me including a rather knackered blind on 27
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(27 Jan 2015, 1:07 am)gneasy91 wrote Seen bazza in shields didnt say hi lol wt was loadings like on 36

I got the run that arrived in CLS at 16:13 from my nearest stop - when I boarded there were 3 others on, and when it terminated I was the only one.

But, that corridor isn't really busy around that time - so hardly a major issue.

It looked packed in the early mornings, and the 15:43 from CLS back to Town End Farm had standees...possibly just due to the school kids.

I imagine the runs that get into CLS at 09:43, 10:13, 10:43, 11:13 and 11:43 will all be relatively well used, unsure about heading back to Town End Farm...