You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Nostalgia
(19 Aug 2013, 11:02 am)Andreos1 wrote I bet your NES didn't have Alex Kidd built in though did it? Wink

Or that snail maze game accessible by pressing B and up on the D-pad. Alex Kidd was SMS2; SMS1 was Super Hang On (I think). Out of the three, the snail maze game was easily the best; the accompanying music was quite catchy too.

I bet your Sega didn't have Super Mario Bros.3; the Legend of Zelda or the Adventure of Link. Tongue

Andreos1 wroteNever owned either of those brands, can remember Naff Naff, but not the other one.
All the lasses at school, would turn up at the youth club in their Joe Bloggs jeans, Sweatershop jumper, with a Naff Naff jacket over the top and their hair full of lumious scrunchies - lush!

I seem to remember that perms were en-vogue too. But, yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of how lasses were dressed at my local youth club too.
(13 Feb 2014, 5:46 pm)aureolin wrote The new Jaffa Cakes advert has reminded me of this blast from the past.

That Jaffa Cakes advert is a strange on like.

Cam I have a P please aureolin?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Passed the NEC today on the train and it brought back memories of Gladiators.
The crowds that turned up for what must have been hours of filming... 
(03 Dec 2014, 9:27 pm)Andreos1 wrote Passed the NEC today on the train and it brought back memories of Gladiators.
The crowds that turned up for what must have been hours of filming...

Just as many turned up for Jet's bum no doubt!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Aye, its what was the cinema and was turned into a car garage.

As a kid, I convinced that Superman had some role in the mini being smashed through the wall.

Top marks to Simmys dad!
(14 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote Same here with the Amiga 1200 (in working order).

Everything else is long gone though.

Can you remember the painful process that you went through, every time your mate had a decent game, that you wanted a copy of?

[Image: 3782.PNG]

Can remember doing all 11 disks of Monkey Island. Tongue
I've got a Spectrum +3 somewhere.

I also have a speccy emulator for my Nintendo DS. You can get the games from World of Spectrum. I've recently played Head over Heels, The Great Escape, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Short Circuit and Amaurote.
(14 Jan 2015, 8:14 pm)aureolin wrote Can you remember the painful process that you went through, every time your mate had a decent game, that you wanted a copy of?

[Image: 3782.PNG]

Can remember doing all 11 disks of Monkey Island. Tongue

Yes, I remember it well.

Sorry to be pedantic. Monkey Island had 4 disks, Monkey Island 2 had 12. Both excellent games though.

I had an emulator for that on my DS too. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Never bothered with Monkey Island, but yeah - can still remember the nervousness/excitment when you were trying to see if the copy had worked properly, had corrupted half way through or not at all.

The irony being, the programme we were using to copy, was a copy...

Sure I had a Speccy emulator for the Amiga at one point.
(14 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Yes, I remember it well.

Sorry to be pedantic. Monkey Island had 4 disks, Monkey Island 2 had 12. Both excellent games though.

I had an emulator for that on my DS too. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Was pretty sure the 2nd one had 11 disks?
(14 Jan 2015, 8:20 pm)aureolin wrote Was pretty sure the 2nd one had 11 disks?

Just checked and you're right - it had 11 disks. For some reason, I thought it had 12. Monkey Island 1 definitely had 4 though. 
(14 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [Image: jollyroger.jpg]

I've mentioned the above before, but since we're talking Amiga, I feel it's appropriate to bring it up again.

Is it me, or do floppy disks look weird these days.

Going in to the shop and asking for a 3.5" floppy

#schoolboyhumour
#hashtagsonNEB
(14 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [Image: jollyroger.jpg]

I've mentioned the above before, but since we're talking Amiga, I feel it's appropriate to bring it up again.

Is it me, or do floppy disks look weird these days.

What on earth is that? Never seen them in my life...
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote Going in to the shop and asking for a 3.5" floppy

#schoolboyhumour
#hashtagsonNEB
One of my first mobiles was a PAYG on Virgin...I used to take a lot of delight in walking into a newsagents, seeing a young lass behing the counter and asking for '10 quid virgin'...

Talking about computers, I had an Amstrad CPC464 Green Screen Computer, the games were on tapes and took ages to load...

My stepdad used to copy games for me, I remember a guy used to rent videos from the back of a van, he had his special customers who rented certain coloured movies, and he also used to bring Amstrad games which my old man would copy on a normal hifi tape deck...

I also used to get magazine now and again and it would give the code to programme a game, I remember writing some very basic football games, a 10 pin bowling game, athletics game and other stuff Big Grin
(06 Feb 2015, 9:12 pm)MrFozz wrote I loved Metroland...last time I went was when I was 19

Sadly I don't believe I ever visited it. Does anyone know if the rides are still inside or if the building still exists.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(06 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)danpick wrote Sadly I don't believe I ever visited it. Does anyone know if the rides are still inside or if the building still exists.

It's now The Qube.
(06 Feb 2015, 9:12 pm)MrFozz wrote I loved Metroland...last time I went was when I was 19
No idea when I was there with mates etc. Did take the eldest when he was 3/4 though.

Can you remember this?
http://news.sky.com/story/1421829/saved-...mmy-fallon

(06 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)danpick wrote Sadly I don't believe I ever visited it. Does anyone know if the rides are still inside or if the building still exists.
You missed out mind.
Everything has gone, no idea where it is stored.
The others are right - its where the pictures are now.