Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

RE: Go North East
Red Arrows 6007 on Airshow Shuttle Service A2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9383213383/

Also some interesting timings on this also for the Return Journeys from Seaburn.

The First one photographed above was due at Washington Galleries at 15:30 - Arrived at 15:23 - Left Immediately after drop off.

The 15:50 arrived at 15:34
The 16:10 arrived at 15:52

So much for Every 20 Minutes, I went home after the last one mentoned, but they were all Red Arrows Gemini2's

Simplicity 8324 on the it's usual Sunday only working of the Silver Arrows 2A/2C
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9383212741/

And finally another Sunday Only/Late Evening Service in the form of Washington Street Shuttle 525 on the M2A to Heworth
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9385992944/
(28 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm)park5354 wrote Services 93/94 are reduced on Saturdays to every 20 mins, leaving two Loop scanias spare.

Highwayman pvr on Sunday reduced by one (98/98A reduced)

Evening Highwayman pvr reduced by one.

96A is now operated by Orbit Versa, with interworking with 97 no longer taking place.

Thanks for the extra information Smile
I think as the X66 increases to every 6 minutes on a Saturday, one of the 'Loop' Solars may be used there - I think it's been done in the past?
Reporter
(28 Jul 2013, 10:32 am)Kuyoyo wrote 'Sliver Arrows' Citaro 5325 is on the A1 shuttle.

And anyone wanting a photo of 3964, it's on one of the Park & Rides.

woop ya do i got a photo too there was at least 3 on today (Silver Arrows) and you still shouldnt be on the road i did the right thing and stay on the path i knew 3964 was on
Hes only telling people what was on each service, it helped me as i didnt go to the airshow today but was still intrested in the allocations, u might of knew 3964 was on but some people didnt
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Jul 2013, 8:25 pm)Cosminaut wrote
(28 Jul 2013, 10:32 am)Kuyoyo wrote 'Sliver Arrows' Citaro 5325 is on the A1 shuttle.

woop ya do i got a photo too there was at least 3 on today (Silver Arrows) and you still shouldnt be on the road i did the right thing and stay on the path i knew 3964 was on

/admin hat on:
I've noted this previously and it's happening again now. Tony is providing information to us all of his own good will - it doesn't happen greatly in communities now as everything is seemingly looked upon as a competition between us enthusiasts unfortunately (if Person A gets a photo but Persons B and C do not, it's immediately a better photo it seems), so it seems only right for me to ask you to be nicer towards other members. Some members are dragging into this community what is disliked about others: people jumping to correct one another, and people wanting to pick out a fault in others - it's not happening on this forum under my watch, another community won't be destroyed.

/admin hat off:
I too, like Michael, would have had no idea 3964 was on airshow duties today if Tony didn't make a note of it, so I appreciated he made a note of it and I cared. I had planned to go to the airshow regardless, but if I decided I was going to go home and then found out 3964 was attending and I wanted a photograph, I may have changed my mind. Also, in addition to 5325, which other "Silver Arrows" Mercs attended? I only saw 5325, but I thought there was one more on A1s as I saw two within a short period of time - seemed far too fast for it to have a round trip. I trust if Tony took a photograph from the middle of the road (don't see the relevance but you brought it up), he would have taken the precautions of looking multiple times before crossing. With hundreds of people crossing that road, it's not like an additional one person crossing the road and taking a photograph is going to do a great deal of harm.
(28 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm)Daniel wrote
(28 Jul 2013, 8:25 pm)Cosminaut wrote

/admin hat on:
I've noted this previously and it's happening again now. Tony is providing information to us all of his own good will - it doesn't happen greatly in communities now as everything is seemingly looked upon as a competition between us enthusiasts unfortunately (if Person A gets a photo but Persons B and C do not, it's immediately a better photo it seems), so it seems only right for me to ask you to be nicer towards other members. Some members are dragging into this community what is disliked about others: people jumping to correct one another, and people wanting to pick out a fault in others - it's not happening on this forum under my watch, another community won't be destroyed.

/admin hat off:
I too, like Michael, would have had no idea 3964 was on airshow duties today if Tony didn't make a note of it, so I appreciated he made a note of it and I cared. I had planned to go to the airshow regardless, but if I decided I was going to go home and then found out 3964 was attending and I wanted a photograph, I may have changed my mind. Also, in addition to 5325, which other "Silver Arrows" Mercs attended? I only saw 5325, but I thought there was one more on A1s as I saw two within a short period of time - seemed far too fast for it to have a round trip. I trust if Tony took a photograph from the middle of the road (don't see the relevance but you brought it up), he would have taken the precautions of looking multiple times before crossing. With hundreds of people crossing that road, it's not like an additional one person crossing the road and taking a photograph is going to do a great deal of harm.

Thank you Dan, I will say that was I was being careful, despite the fact the road was actually closed to all but residents and Event Permit Holders.

As for one of the other 'Sliver Arrows' Citaro, 5323 was on the Airshow Park & Ride route 1, which was running from Enterprise Park today due to Fulwell Mill and Downhill being closed due to the condition of the ground which has resulted in the past in vehicles being bogged down (an pair of Enviro400s were bogged down back in 2007 at Downhill, back when the Park & Ride were operated by a mixture of Stagecoach, Go North East and Classic).
Site Administrator
I've chosen to delete all posts made after Post #244 - whatever arguments were going on should have stopped there, and not continued any further. I suggest those members unfamiliar with NEB's rules navigate their way to the rules page by clicking here.
We pride ourselves on North East Buses for being rather lenient when it comes to posting rules, but there is a point where things start to get silly and rules do need to be enforced. Silly little arguments such as the one that has now been deleted contribute nothing to the topic, and as such, shouldn't be on this thread.
As I said in my above post, a lot of communities have been destroyed as a result of petty little arguments which shouldn't be displayed publicly for all members and guests to see. If any member has a problem with another member, they should sort out the issue with the person via the PM system. If someone deems a post inappropriate, they should report it using the button at the bottom of the post. A moderator or administrator can look at the post and get back in touch with you via the PM system after they use their judgement to determine whether or not the post was inappropriate or not.
North East Buses is here to stay, and those who are destroying the community by bickering in such a petty manner will simply be banned. A warning will of course be given first and the post(s) deleted, but if it happens continuously, a ban in my eyes does not seem particularly irrational.
If anyone has a problem with the above, feel free to PM me.

Back on to Go North East, and it seems the shortage of "Prince Bishops" branded Solars has even affected Sunday allocations. A "Silver Arrows" Merc made it onto the 20 yesterday, as Peter Barclay shows us in this photograph.
Site Administrator
(29 Jul 2013, 11:06 am)BJ10VUS wrote Wonder what the extra vehicle on the 27 today will be?

A Loop? A Highwayman? Perhaps a TTX B9..! We're talking Gateshead allocations here! Wink
(29 Jul 2013, 11:59 am)Daniel wrote
(29 Jul 2013, 11:06 am)BJ10VUS wrote Wonder what the extra vehicle on the 27 today will be?

A Loop? A Highwayman? Perhaps a TTX B9..! We're talking Gateshead allocations here! Wink

Considering 3963 is out on the X9 (1300 from Middlesbrough), a B9 being off-route isn't that far from the truth.
Site Administrator
Vyking 3971 was on driver training earlier. Passed me at Heworth.

Saltwell Park 8300 on 64A.
Highwayman 4933 out on 58s too.
Site Administrator
President 6018 is being used on X36s today. Left Gateshead about 5 mins ago.

B9 6048 is the TTX missing today, which is being looked at by engineers at the back of Sunderland Road.
(29 Jul 2013, 11:59 am)Daniel wrote

There was a Vyking at Jarrow heading to Newcastle, when I was on B10BLE 4921 heading to Shields. Whilst heading back along Sunderland Road to Newcastle, an SPD was noted heading to South Shields.

27X was operated by a NexusBus solo, and was showing 27 Newcastle, instead of 27X.
Site Administrator
Vyking 71 (mentioned earlier) was out on road test after doing some route training.
The SR mentioned in previous post holds the destination '27 Heworth via Jarrow' when bound for Hebburn, and changes to '27 Newcastle' when it arrives at Heworth. Rather odd indeed, but I assume it doesn't have the 27X programmed!

3964 has just been brought from the depot to Gateshead Interchange. Not sure at the moment what it's on though!
Un-identified Yellow MPD being given a lift home on the back of a Hogarts truck at Rainton Bridge about 25mins ago. Came from general direction of Hetton School. No idea which service it was though or the fleet number. It wasn't branded East Durham though
Site Administrator
(29 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote Un-identified Yellow MPD being given a lift home on the back of a Hogarts truck at Rainton Bridge about 25mins ago. Came from general direction of Hetton School. No idea which service it was though or the fleet number. It wasn't branded East Durham though

I'd put my money on said bus being 542. The only other yellow MPDs in the fleet are 564 (Saltmeadows), 565 (Consett) and 618/9 (Consett).
With Rainton Bridge being more commonly associated with Deptford rather than Saltmeadows or Consett, it would make sense for it to be 542. That said, 564 has been missing from the 27X lately - could be related? I haven't seen her in either Saltmeadows or Sunderland Road either.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Could be 544, the partially debranded venture MPD based at Deptford. It wasnt sounding to healthy on the 238 the other day it could of been running the 35A to Rainton bridge or does the 238 does interwork with any 923 journeys?
(29 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Could be 544, the partially debranded venture MPD based at Deptford. It wasnt sounding to healthy on the 238 the other day it could of been running the 35A to Rainton bridge or does the 238 does interwork with any 923 journeys?

Nah, it wasn't a 35a/20 service judging by it coming from the direction of Hetton school, which indicates it was one of the Peterlee based services that run around that neck of the woods
Site Administrator
(29 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm)Andreos1 wrote
(29 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Could be 544, the partially debranded venture MPD based at Deptford. It wasnt sounding to healthy on the 238 the other day it could of been running the 35A to Rainton bridge or does the 238 does interwork with any 923 journeys?

Nah, it wasn't a 35a/20 service judging by it coming from the direction of Hetton school, which indicates it was one of the Peterlee based services that run around that neck of the woods

Assuming there is still a shortage of vehicles at Peterlee while Deptford possess a few of Peterlee's MPDs for maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised if either 542 or 544 have appeared at Peterlee.
From my short 45 Minutes at Park Lane Today, On the 20 I seen and Photographed for the Archives SPD's 8226/8227 and 8234 and 2 Undentified Prince Bishops Wright Solars also on the 20. Also 4969 was on the 35 Surprisingly considering the Prince Bishops shortage. 506 was also on the 39.

4969 on the 35
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9396005378/

506 on the 39
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9393237159/
I would think that it's more than likely 542 on the back of a tow truck. 542 failed earlier on today in Seaton, on service 238 to Houghton.
Reporter
(29 Jul 2013, 8:04 pm)BFK wrote I would think that it's more than likely 542 on the back of a tow truck. 542 failed earlier on today in Seaton, on service 238 to Houghton.

542 is a nice bus when peterlee have it they kill it
Out of all the services, the 238 was the only one I didn't consider, due to its route and where the truck was (doesn't make sense it coming all the way down to Rainton Bridge via Gillas Lane and its speed humps) to then head back towards Sunderland on the A690, when it could have followed the road from Seaton and dropped down into Houghton via Seaham Road and onto the A690 that way.

The only suggestion was that the recovery driver, didnt fancy jumping onto the A690 and climbing up the cut without a run up!
Not sure if this is the right place to post about timetables - but for anyone interested, GNE have updated (28 July) their 31/32 leaflet online and hard copy. Hadn't noticed this online before as its not one of the services that's listed as changing. Think it's the only updated leaflet that isn't the result of a service change. Still no sign of hard copies of the updated leaflets for the changes to the 11, 98 or 99.
I have a one one for the 98/98A, Which I picked up on Friday in Chester le Street Travel Office and is dated from 28 July 2013, No other Travel Offices have them so far. As for the 99 I have that also, dated 2 June 2013.

All Updated Gateshead Timetables are available at Chester as can be seen in the Image attached Below(Gateshead Routes Only) Hope This Helps.
[attachment=4500]
(29 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I have a one one for the 98/98A, Which I picked up on Friday in Chester le Street Travel Office and is dated from 28 July 2013, No other Travel Offices have them so far. As for the 99 I have that also, dated 2 June 2013.

All Updated Gateshead Timetables are available at Chester as can be seen in the Image attached Below(Gateshead Routes Only) Hope This Helps.

Thought the 99 had been updated for the changes that came in yesterday, but just checked online and can see its still the June one, plenty of those knocking around. I guess GNE can't justify reprinting so soon for just a route change.

Anyone seen a new one for the 11 from July yet?
(29 Jul 2013, 10:06 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote
(29 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I have a one one for the 98/98A, Which I picked up on Friday in Chester le Street Travel Office and is dated from 28 July 2013, No other Travel Offices have them so far. As for the 99 I have that also, dated 2 June 2013.

Thought the 99 had been updated for the changes that came in yesterday, but just checked online and can see its still the June one, plenty of those knocking around. I guess GNE can't justify reprinting so soon for just a route change.

Anyone seen a new one for the 11 from July yet?

The 11 comes under the 10 Brand doesn't it, so would that even be worth reprinting.

Here is complete selection of the new timetables so far, I might still have some you are for out of the Gateshead Section.

[attachment=4501]
(29 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote It is under Toonlink 11/11A, Note 11A is also on the Ten Timetable, and is Dated 24 March 2013

There’s a new 11/11A online dated July 2013, so should be hard copies appearing soon.

Bear in mind there are now updated versions of the 47, 49 group, 67 and 69 in the new style which all had previously been published already in the new style. Plus the 64s/95-96s have been republished and are now two separate leaflets.