You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)Dan wrote Anything goes at Jesmond... Difference is - majority of their buses aren't branded!

Ah, so it's run by Jesmond. Tongue

I remember going for a meal with my family at some place in Jesmond, and I had a look at the depot while we drove past, saw quite a lot of things were visible. Couldn't see a single branded vehicle and I must have seen about 10+. It was a Sunday meal, so that would explain the number of buses being in the depot and not in service. Smile
RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
Jesmond are a joke.
A ALX400 was on the 54, so you probably would have saw the same one on the 55.
A Solo was on the 44 to Morpeth, a Pulsar was on the 52, and a Streetlite was on the 54.
1310 on Max X66 until it broke down, 2829 was on later in the day too (possibly a replacement for the Dart!)
1519 made it onto the 21, followed closely by Stockton's 1512 on the 21A behind it (replacement for 4658, which later replaced 1901 on the buggy!). I was responsible for 1457 being on the 17A, that was a replacement for 1915 whose suspension refused to level out. 4654 also ended up on the 29 replacing something else.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I just can't understand why Arriva can't allocate the correct vehicles most of the time. Is it because:

- Some routes aren't timed correctly?
- Are suitable vehicles not being purchased for the according routes?
- Are Arriva not investing in replacing worn and torn vehicles (i.e 7501-7513 ex7510) on premium services that are constantly breaking down?
- Or can they simply not be bothered?

As I've stated before,

If a (branded) vehicle has been ordered by the depot to stay on a local route, it will be on a route that operates close to the depot, in case the problem re-occurs.

Also, they can't magic a branded bus out of nowhere. I'd like to see you working at Arriva as a supervisor, you would see how hard it is to allocate a certain bus to a certain route. Sometimes, it's simply impossible.

Also, Arriva can't keep investing into routes that have already been invested in, I remember you suggesting that the X10/X11 should be upgraded to Sapphire in 2016. 

Also, to get this off my chest, why do you keep going on about power, engines and all that rubbish. I never seem to see a post from you actually saying something good about buses. Simply, I feel like throwing my iPad out the window, every time I see a post about bloody power. 

(Mod: you may delete or edit this post)

(08 Feb 2015, 4:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote As I've stated before,

If a (branded) vehicle has been ordered by the depot to stay on a local route, it will be on a route that operates close to the depot, in case the problem re-occurs.

Also, they can't magic a branded bus out of nowhere. I'd like to see you working at Arriva as a supervisor, you would see how hard it is to allocate a certain bus to a certain route. Sometimes, it's simply impossible.

Also, Arriva can't keep investing into routes that have already been invested in, I remember you suggesting that the X10/X11 should be upgraded to Sapphire in 2016. 

Also, to get this off my chest, why do you keep going on about power, engines and all that rubbish. I never seem to see a post from you actually saying something good about buses. Simply, I feel like throwing my iPad out the window, every time I see a post about bloody power. 

I'm only being frankly honest Tommy though about the latter part though, that's the difference. That is the whole point of an opinion, it's your own and nobody elses. I listen to other peoples opinions and I weigh everything up in conclusion.
(08 Feb 2015, 4:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote As I've stated before,

I feel like smashing up my computer every time I see a ''anti-GNE'' post from you!!
Site Administrator
Laaaadies....

Let's conclude that no bus operator is perfect, and there are advantages and disadvantages of heavyweight and lightweight buses.
(08 Feb 2015, 9:03 pm)Tom wrote I feel like smashing up my computer every time I see a ''anti-GNE'' post from you!!

I'm not "anti-GNE"...

If I was, I would burn all of their buses. 

At the moment I feel like burning buses with hard leather seats and chavvy passengers.
(09 Feb 2015, 11:33 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I'm not "anti-GNE"...

At the moment I feel like burning buses with hard leather seats and chavvy passengers.

Sadly Arriva can't really control which passengers board their buses, they don't have a bouncer on the doors going "NO TRAINERS"
2858 is on 1/5
1519 was on the X1 but has now been replaced by an X1 branded Pulsar
(09 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)Jimmi wrote 2864 on the 2.

Typical a solo on the 2 so much for full ecocity allocation on 2 bet the 11 has full ecocity allocation
(09 Feb 2015, 1:14 pm)ross13 wrote Typical a solo on the 2 so much for full ecocity allocation on 2 bet the 11 has full ecocity allocation

I know but this is what happens now the 21/X21 has to steel at least one off towns, at least one of the 2, 11, 12/12A will be missing one or more EcoCitys.
4510 on 63, 1445 on 29 (though I think this replaced something which broke down earlier)

(09 Feb 2015, 1:14 pm)ross13 wrote Typical a solo on the 2 so much for full ecocity allocation on 2 bet the 11 has full ecocity allocation

2 gas buses were parked in the depot around half 11, one normal and one X21

Forgot to mention that 2854 is in service, was seen on last service 8 tonight
(09 Feb 2015, 11:33 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I'm not "anti-GNE"...

You are, quite clearly.
And why the hell would you want to commit arson?
(09 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm)Coppercap40 wrote 7458  worked Jesmonds X5 to Blyth this afternoon

I understand it was actually on a Blyth working as it was on there this morning. Blyth must be short again...!

Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2015, 7:33 pm)tyresmoke wrote I understand it was actually on a Blyth working as it was on there this morning. Blyth must be short again...!

Like I said on Saturday - it seemed they only had two buses spare (1402 and a MAX Gemini)... No other bus was visible in the depot - so I'm guessing they were receiving attention in a part of the depot which isn't visible from the outside.
On a morning you usually have 7466 (or a decker) operating the 1 then it works onto the X10/11 then at around 1530 it's on the 308.

I can see 7466 upto 4 times in a day, if I stay in the Newcastle area.
(09 Feb 2015, 12:52 pm)John_R wrote 2858 is on 1/5
1519 was on the X1 but has now been replaced by an X1 branded Pulsar

Bus sent off as eco system causing bus to fade out to a standstill repeatedly