You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(29 Mar 2015, 11:28 am)Davie wrote What I'll think will happen is the current Red kite (and 5234) Omnicities will transfer to Riverside for Loop services 93 and 94 allowing some renowns to be withdrawn, and then 4944, 4949, 4964 and 4966 replace 4 renowns at Riverside 

Or alternatively, the 17 or 9 will get branded again, and the red kite (and 5234) transfer to Percy Main for them 
(29 Mar 2015, 11:22 am)Tom wrote He never said deckers? Just new vehicles? 

He did specify deckers as i remember suggesting that they could go onto the DFDS Seaways services replacing the non-DDA lolynes. 
(29 Mar 2015, 11:55 am)Robert wrote He did specify deckers as i remember suggesting that they could go onto the DFDS Seaways services replacing the non-DDA lolynes. 

And I remember saying they could be Solos for the 38  Smile
(29 Mar 2015, 11:59 am)Tom wrote And I remember saying they could be Solos for the 38  Smile

Sorry, it was either mini, midi or deckers. Was 4 vehicles though so if it is deckers...Somebody is getting ahead of themselves i think 
Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm)Robert wrote Sorry, it was either mini, midi or deckers. Was 4 vehicles though so if it is deckers...Somebody is getting ahead of themselves i think 
Nobody ever confirmed that the vehicles would be double deckers. I merely suggested that we could narrow it down to be mini, midi or double deckers based on the fact if it was a single decker, it surely would have been revealed with the rest of the single decker order...
(29 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm)Dan wrote Nobody ever confirmed that the vehicles would be double deckers. I merely suggested that we could narrow it down to be mini, midi or double deckers based on the fact if it was a single decker, it surely would have been revealed with the rest of the single decker order...

Yeah - thats what i was saying in the post that you quoted. It was just me getting into the topic of the toon link with all of these suggestions on where the B7s could go.
Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2015, 12:52 pm)Robert wrote Yeah - thats what i was saying in the post that you quoted. It was just me getting into the topic of the toon link with all of these suggestions on where the B7s could go.

I was just confirming, is all. Certainly isn't the first time people have said citaro5284 has said something when he hasn't!
(29 Mar 2015, 12:53 pm)Dan wrote I was just confirming, is all. Certainly isn't the first time people have said citaro5284 has said something when he hasn't!

Aye. Mind you, when i was searching for the post, i couldn't find it so i thought i was going mad! It took me a while to realize i was looking in the wrong thread...
(29 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe, the black Omni's are going on a new route?
Going to be branded "Malarkey Marathon" after the great Malarkey himself, and will operate via Washington Galleries and Lambton, they are the only details I can share at this time, perhaps I have said a little to much, the gods in GNE Towers will be hunting me down in the morning and will be wishing me the best in my future endeavors Wink .
(29 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe, the black Omni's are going on a new route?

possibility but question is which one reminds me a few years back when some of the scanias from 57 i thought they would be refreshed for 57 before they announced Volvos for 57 but it turned out that scanias from 57 went to Chester-le-Street for Service 50/50A for Whey Aye Five 0 and the dual door renowns came in to replace them on 57 now since then scanias are no longer on 50/50A instead it is now a Ominicity run and the Scanias that were on 50/50A are now in the back seat role as red spare but how i found out scanias were going on 50/50A at the time was a now defunct site known as Jeff's Bus Lane gosh i miss that site
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out

I hope the 9 or 17 gets rebranded
(29 Mar 2015, 4:14 pm)Busmad99 wrote I think the black omnicitys should go on the x40 then other five blue for the 57

The X40 is getting replaced by a Q3, which will likely use versa's....... the Versa's are due a repaint this year, so livery isn't confirmed. 

Sure we've had this convo before.... 

The buses on the FAB 57 are likely to replaced... probables be Scania's or the Eclipses from the Toonlink, however i would imagine this is only if the 47 gets better buses... which has NOT being confirmed. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Out of interest, will the new tracking system show fleet numbers to the public?
Would be great if it did.
Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2015, 4:24 pm)Tom wrote Out of interest, will the new tracking system show fleet numbers to the public?
Would be great if it did.

I'd imagine that this is incredibly unlikely. The control room will have access to the AVL system with fleet numbers, but I can't see how this would benefit customers. I can understand it from an enthusiast point of view... Tongue 
(29 Mar 2015, 4:40 pm)Dan wrote I'd imagine that this is incredibly unlikely. The control room will have access to the AVL system with fleet numbers, but I can't how this would benefit customers. I can understand it from an enthusiast point of view... Tongue 

let me know when NEB news is up
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm)Racer_Experience wrote let me know when NEB news is up

It's available to view now.

(29 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm)Malarkey wrote Im afraid I have got some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXR91UxhO7Y the NEB News will not be posted today, instead there will be bumper edition next week for the entire month of March.

I'm in Paris next Sunday, which is why I delayed the news until today from last week, additionally allowing time for confirmation of Arriva's fleet numbers/registrations for their new vehicles.
(29 Mar 2015, 4:40 pm)Dan wrote I'd imagine that this is incredibly unlikely. The control room will have access to the AVL system with fleet numbers, but I can't see how this would benefit customers. I can understand it from an enthusiast point of view... Tongue 

I thought so haha Smile
Would be great if it could be though. 
Was hoping the new Lime Streetlites would of being out for the April 11th, as Beamish has 2 events on.......Sadly, doesn't look like it =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Now that I have a mobile phone signal..... I noticed a Go North East driver training van being driven around the Whinlatter area of Cumbria as I was doing the C2C on Friday. Team building day I am guessing? Smile
(29 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote Just to adding a bit for more speculation

• I just said 4 new vehicles, I did not give a vehicle type Big Grin
  • They should hopefully be here by the end of April, someone get a camera fixed on Saltmeadows or somewhere in Yorkshire or Scotland or even maybe at some Docks  Tongue
  • Still not telling what the black buses are for, but just loving all the guessing  Angel

Citaro your such a troll  Angel
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote Just to adding a bit for more speculation

• They should hopefully be here by the end of April, someone get a camera fixed on Saltmeadows or somewhere in Yorkshire or Scotland or even maybe at some Docks  Tongue
  • Still not telling what the black buses are for, but just loving all the guessing  Angel

Where from, Scotland, Scarborough or Ireland?

Ok, how about this, are the engines made in Britain?
(29 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm)Michael wrote Will GNE be doing launches for the streetlites?

Hope so, wouldn't mind trying to get to the X66 one if its at the Metrocentre.
4927 has also now lost its rear advertisement for Dalton Park
(29 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm)Dan wrote It's available to view now.

I'm in Paris next Sunday, which is why I delayed the news until today from last week, additionally allowing time for confirmation of Arriva's fleet numbers/registrations for their new vehicles.

espérons que vous avez un bon moment Dan ne oubliez pas d'obtenir des clichés du transport français try using Google translate
Owner of Bella the Cat

(03 Mar 2015, 1:35 pm)Dan wrote Well I think it will be joining the "Crusader" family again - would be pointless re-branding it if new buses were coming..!

But they rebranded the X66 only to bring in replacements - yet to see any of the new buses in service.