You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

RE: What's annoying you today? V3
(30 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm)Tom wrote You should try 2825. It's horrid.
40 minutes on 2851 was bad enough, although I have had the displeasure of this Solo many times on the 21 for an hour in the past.

Journey was made even longer by passengers wanting to go somewhere in Aycliffe but didn't know where so the driver ended up giving directions, with this and roadworks we got back to my stop 10 minutes late.
Site Administrator
5278 is the worst Merc I've been on for a long time. Lets out a high pitched squeak when at low speeds.
Site Administrator
(30 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm)Jimmi wrote Worst Merc, oh poor you!
I don't slum it out on Darts and Solos, you know! Wink
(30 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm)Jimmi wrote Some of us don't get such luxuries.

It's bad when I think a Pulsar is the best we can get in the way of luxury

The best I can get in luxury is a MAX OmniCity, as long as I close my eyes for an hour or two.
was about to have a afternoon kip and i get woken up by some charity cases at my door from cancer research lookslike an early night is on the cards
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(30 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm)Racer_Experience wrote was about to have a afternoon kip and i get woken up by some charity cases at my door from cancer research lookslike an early night is on the cards

I don't trust the tarts.

There were two 13-15 year old lasses at Ashington Asda on Friday, I overheard the conversation of them talking to an old man, when I passed and they were collecting monies for some sponsored walk, I would have never seen my money again if they 'did a Marcus'.

I wonder what the retarded newspaper boy has against me, doesn't seem to be shoving the News Post Leader through my letterbox every Thursday, I know he's knows I'm here. 

Probably going to write to the paper about it, and hopefully get the front page. With the title "YOU JOBSWORTH! GIVE ME MY PAPER!" 
(30 Mar 2015, 4:26 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I don't trust the tarts.

There were two 13-15 year old lasses at Ashington Asda on Friday, I overheard the conversation of them talking to an old man, when I passed and they were collecting monies for some sponsored walk, I would have never seen my money again if they 'did a Marcus'.

They're 'tarts' because they're collecting for charity? Grow up man.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)aureolin wrote They're 'tarts' because they're collecting for charity? Grow up man.

I'm starting to think there are some serious misogynistic tendencies on display here. 
(30 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I always thought 'tart' was another word for a slut/prostitute, etc. Didn't realise Cancer Research UK was in need of that sort of volunteer!
Just imagine that sight on the high streets around the country, "do you want to give me a donation"
(30 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I always thought 'tart' was another word for a slut/prostitute, etc. Didn't realise Cancer Research UK was in need of that sort of volunteer! Tongue

Why go to Amsterdam when you can easily go to Northumberland Street to get accosted by 'tarts'. 
Pah. Your worse buses are nothing compared to what I've dealt with over the years.

One vehicle I particularly hated was 8288 (X94FOR).

As for worse vehicle type. That would be the Marshall Minibus quickly (well more like slowly) followed by the Plaxton Primo.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Seems that it always decides to chuck it down when I'm off work. Here's to hoping to get out at some point this afternoon!

Also had a chesty cough since Sunday. Covonia seems to be working, but it's rank. Sad
(31 Mar 2015, 9:51 am)aureolin wrote Seems that it always decides to chuck it down when I'm off work. Here's to hoping to get out at some point this afternoon!

Also had a chesty cough since Sunday. Covonia seems to be working, but it's rank. Sad

I quite like Covonia even though it has little medicinal value. You'd be better off with Calpol though!
(31 Mar 2015, 11:32 am)MurdnunoC wrote I quite like Covonia even though it has little medicinal value. You'd be better off with Calpol though!
I had thought it was only for bairns only? I'll pop in boots and see what they've got.
Site Administrator
(30 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Pah. Your worse buses are nothing compared to what I've dealt with over the years.

As for worse vehicle type. That would be the Marshall Minibus quickly (well more like slowly) followed by the Plaxton Primo.

Think I'm one of very few who actually liked it! I used to get it pretty regularly on the 42 service during its time serving at Deptford.
(31 Mar 2015, 11:37 am)aureolin wrote I had thought it was only for bairns only? I'll pop in boots and see what they've got.

It is. But it tastes better and contains paracetamol. If you peel the label on the back on the Covonia bottle and read it, you'll see that it contains absolutely nothing of note. That's why there's no limit to how much you can have.
(31 Mar 2015, 9:51 am)aureolin wrote Seems that it always decides to chuck it down when I'm off work. Here's to hoping to get out at some point this afternoon!

You would hate Sambuca then. It tastes exactly the same as Covonia
(31 Mar 2015, 11:54 am)Adam wrote You would hate Sambuca then. It tastes exactly the same as Covonia

I do haha. But it's not too bad mixed with Baileys! 
(31 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)Dan wrote Think I'm one of very few who actually liked it! I used to get it pretty regularly on the 42 service during its time serving at Deptford.

I used to like it to Dan Big Grin
(31 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)Dan wrote Think I'm one of very few who actually liked it! I used to get it pretty regularly on the 42 service during its time serving at Deptford.

My dad loved driving it when it was based at Stanley for the Stanley Shuttle services. Can't say i ever rode it enough myself to give an opinion of it.

[Image: 14228804117_9e97d5b1c4.jpg]8288 (X94FOR) Newcastle 40 by Carlisle Bus Group, on Flickr
(31 Mar 2015, 1:57 pm)Robert wrote My dad loved driving it when it was based at Stanley for the Stanley Shuttle services. Can't say i ever rode it enough myself to give an opinion of it.

[Image: 14228804117_9e97d5b1c4.jpg]8288 (X94FOR) Newcastle 40 by Carlisle Bus Group, on Flickr

Burn it. Burn it with fire.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(30 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Pah. Your worse buses are nothing compared to what I've dealt with over the years.

I thought 8288 was decent the Marshall minibuses I agree were the worse I wanted them to burn burn burn burn burn even Ellie Goulding agreed as for the Plaxton Primos I hate with a passion I photographed a few in Hull EYMS examples and they were horrid buses I say what Ellie Goulding once said in her songs and we're gonna let it burn burn burn were gonna let it burn burn burn 
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out