You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
5237 back at stanley
On the 44 heading to newcastle now!
(09 Apr 2015, 2:46 pm)Dan wrote Three Streetlites were delivered today and are now being prepared for service at Saltmeadows Road.

A further green Streetlite for services 8/78, which will be allocated to Chester-le-Street, was delivered in the form of:
- 5406 (NK15 ENV)

Likewise the first two red Streetlites were delivered in the form of:
- 5411 (NK15 EOB)
- 5413 (NK15 EOD)
Unfortunately did not see any of these as I once again went past Saltmeadows at around 16:10, Depot was all locked up so I am assuming 5406/5411 and 5413 were tucked away inside.
(09 Apr 2015, 7:34 pm)Malarkey wrote Unfortunately did not see any of these as I once again went past Saltmeadows at around 16:10, Depot was all locked up so I am assuming 5406/5411 and 5413 were tucked away inside.

Either that or parked in round the corner. Like I said yesterday, they sharp moved them after I got photos last week. I just struck lucky with my timing I guess!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Apr 2015, 7:36 pm)aureolin wrote Either that or parked in round the corner. Like I said yesterday, they sharp moved them after I got photos last week. I just struck lucky with my timing I guess!
Dunno how as the bit around the back looked full, as from the Road you could just see the front ends of an X66 and a Red Streetlite, while the 3 8/78 examples were parked up in the bottom corner near 8293, with (NK15 ENR) being closest to the Gates, was tempted to go in the place next door and ask if I could take a few photos through the fence but I didnt bother.
As usual not sign of Streetlites on X66 my theory is Sunday
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(09 Apr 2015, 7:55 pm)Racer_Experience wrote As usual not sign of Streetlites on X66 my theory is Sunday

All still at Saltmeadows being prepped for Service Bazza, Anyway why would Go North East put New Vehicles into Service on a Thursday and without a Publicity Launch beforehand.
Go North East
39 mins ·
The new stop F at the west end of the central station, will come into use from now. Services #11 ‪#‎11A‬ & #32 will be relocated to the new stop from the currently used Centre for Life stop.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
A friend has said all of the X66 Streetlites have being taxed, is he correct?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2015, 10:11 am)Michael wrote A friend has said all of the X66 Streetlites have being taxed, is he correct?
If you Google vehicle enquiry, there's a site you can check.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(10 Apr 2015, 10:20 am)aureolin wrote If you Google vehicle enquiry,  there's a site you can check.

Cheer's ill take a look =)

Nothing is coming up, even for the MPD's in the fleet... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Apr 2015, 12:29 pm)Dan wrote Deptford have three vehicles on loan from other depots at the moment.

3878, 5304 and 6027 have returned to their home depots, while 3983 remains on loan.

(09 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote 5242 was at Saltmeadows this afternoon, could this be the next Red Kite for a black repaint?

5242 has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint, yes.

(10 Apr 2015, 10:22 am)Michael wrote Cheer's ill take a look =)

Nothing is coming up, even for the MPD's in the fleet... 

That's just you doing it wrong! Wink 

For 524, use 'Dennis' as the manufacturer.
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
(10 Apr 2015, 11:51 am)Dan wrote 3878, 5304 and 6027 have returned to their home depots, while 3983 remains on loan.

5242 has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint, yes.

That's just you doing it wrong! Wink 

For 524, use 'Dennis' as the manufacturer.
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Ah right, i was using the full name lmao!

So what do i use for Streetlites, just Wright?

Edit: It looks like none of the X66 Streetlites have being taxed yet...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm)Michael wrote So what do i use for Streetlites, just Wright?
Wrightbus.
Can't wait to post my walking related outing tonight thanks to me getting fed up of waiting for the 94 to turn up and I didn't have a clue where the hell I was going and have just got back in Gateshead.

So Go North East isn't the golden boy operator you's all make it out to be and every other GNE bus I have been on today has been late as well.
Before my walk to Gateshead at Saltmore's (think I've spelt that wrong) it looked like one of the Coast and Country StreetLite's was getting branding applied (may be wrong).

Before anyone asks I don't have any photos as I couldn't really get in a good position to take photos from outside and there was a lot of engineers inside so I don't think I really could have taken a photo through the fence or even anywhere outside the depot without anything being said.
(10 Apr 2015, 1:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Before my walk to Gateshead at  Saltmore's (think I've spelt that wrong) it looked like one of the Coast and Country StreetLite's was getting branding applied (may be wrong).

Before anyone asks I don't have any photos as I couldn't really get in a good  position to take photos from outside and there was a lot of engineers inside so I don't think I really could have taken a photo through the fence or even anywhere outside the depot without anything being said.

Hopefully they are getting branded, hopefully taxed soon... the X66 ones still haven't being taxed....

Close but its Saltmeadows =) 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully they are getting branded, hopefully taxed soon... the X66 ones still haven't being taxed....

Knew it had Salt in it, just see Salt and nothing else as it's just because of the way I read things.
(10 Apr 2015, 1:23 pm)Jimmi wrote Knew it had Salt in it, just see Salt and nothing else as it's just because of the way I read things.

No probs, =) 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully they are getting branded, hopefully taxed soon... the X66 ones still haven't being taxed....

Yes they are getting branded as we speak doesn't look to good tho Sad 
(10 Apr 2015, 2:20 pm)Si1989 wrote Yes they are getting branded as we speak doesn't look to good tho Sad 

How come? They looked good on the picture which was posted on here =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm)Michael wrote How come? They looked good on the picture which was posted on here =(

If its the same people that applied 'Blaydon Racers' branding to 5332, it'll be the wrong way round or applied to a red StreetLite.  Big Grin
(10 Apr 2015, 12:34 pm)Jimmi wrote Can't wait to post my walking related outing tonight thanks to me getting fed up of waiting for the 94 to turn up and I didn't have a clue where the hell I was going and have just got back in Gateshead.

So Go North East isn't the golden boy operator you's all make it out to be and every other GNE bus I have been on today has been late as well.

I can vouch for the 4/X1 and 50 all running late this afternoon, in the short period I waited for 4855 on the 50 at The Galleries probs around 10-15 Minutes I seen 3 X1s in the space of 4 Minutes heading Towards Easington Lane, along with the X1 running in Twos in the opposite direction, the 4 likewise was running in Twos, and the 50 was either operating on time or anywhere between 5 and 20 Minutes Late.
(10 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm)Michael wrote How come? They looked good on the picture which was posted on here =(

Just don't think it suits the bus 
4855 on the 50 states "Framwellgate Estate" on the Durham direction screen. Is this a mistake?
(10 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm)BJ10VUS wrote 4855 on the 50 states "Framwellgate Estate" on the Durham direction screen. Is this a mistake?
Should say "Framwellgate Moor" if it is on the Board that Finishes there in the Evening, which shouldnt be just yet as it should be heading back towards South Shields now.
Site Administrator
(10 Apr 2015, 3:20 pm)Malarkey wrote Should say "Framwellgate Moor" if it is on the Board that Finishes there in the Evening, which shouldnt be just yet as it should be heading back towards South Shields now.

I'd imagine that BJ10VUS is referring to the via points which tally up with the main calling points on the timetable?
.png 2015-04-10 16.16.37.png
(10 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm)Dan wrote I'd imagine that BJ10VUS is referring to the via points which tally up with the main calling points on the timetable?

Yes but usually it displays "Framwellgate Moor" rather than "Framwellgate Estate", I have certainly never seen the 50 displaying the latter.
Site Administrator
(10 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm)Malarkey wrote Yes but usually it displays "Framwellgate Moor" rather than "Framwellgate Estate", I have certainly never seen the 50 displaying the latter.

Apart from today when you photographed 4855? Wink

When the coloured square was removed, the via points were revised to allow consistency - they now tally up with the main calling points given on the front cover of the 50/50A timetable. The same applies to the majority of services which have had their destinations updated to date.