You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
Can anybody confirm or deny if there is any Scania Omnideckers at Thorntons at present!

I'm told there's either some there, or will be in the next couple of weeks
(15 Apr 2015, 7:25 pm)pdiddy wrote Can anybody confirm or deny if there is any Scania Omnideckers at Thorntons at present!

I'm told there's either some there, or will be in the next couple of weeks

There is some coming from Brighton.  As to how many and what they are for.....pass on that one!
Site Administrator
It's been a few days since I've given my last update on new arrivals...

Two further red Streetlites for the "Red Kite" 45/46 services have been delivered to Go North East:
- 5412 (NK15 EOC)
- 5414 (NK15 EOE)

I'll update the fleet lists at some point this evening.

To summarise, the Streetlites which are still yet to arrive for the "Coast & Country" services are 5396 and 5404. Likewise, the Streetlites yet to arrive for the "Red Kite" services are 5410 and 5415 - 5419.
Go North East
9 mins ·
Service #99 is terminating at the Marriott Hotel in Seaburn, due to works at the roundabout near to Morrisons Store.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2015, 11:10 am)Tommy_1581 wrote What's the likelihood of the x66 launch still being on after 3?

I think It'll probably be in the morning
There is a red streetlite currently at Gateshead Interchange. A good chance to see it in action.

Edit: My uncle, who is a bus driver for GNE, noticed it earlier and e-mailed me and my friend, 'NorthEastBuses' has just sent me a photo of it displaying '123 Go North East' on the destination display, obviously out of service, but I believe it has since left the interchange.
Site Administrator
(16 Apr 2015, 11:13 am)Sidthebusbabe wrote There is a red streetlite currently at Gateshead Interchange. A good chance to see it in action.

Edit: My uncle, who is a bus driver for GNE, noticed it earlier and e-mailed me and my friend has just sent me a photo of it displaying '123 Go North East' on the destination display, obviously out of service, but I believe it has since left the interchange.

5414 is being used for driver familiarisation by Riverside drivers - to and from Gateshead/Metrocentre.
(16 Apr 2015, 11:51 am)Dan wrote 5414 is being used for driver familiarisation by Riverside drivers - to and from Gateshead/Metrocentre.

Yes, there was a few drivers around it. Is the micro-hybrid much different to the Saltwell Park examples at Riverside?, considering they are familiarising drivers with the new vehicles one would imagine they could be.
 I presume there will also be driver familiarisation at Stanley and Chester-Le-Street considering they don't have any Streetlites.
(16 Apr 2015, 11:57 am)Sidthebusbabe wrote Yes, there was a few drivers around it. Is the micro-hybrid much different to the Saltwell Park examples at Riverside?, considering they are familiarising drivers with the new vehicles one would imagine they could be.
 I presume there will also be driver familiarisation at Stanley and Chester-Le-Street considering they don't have any Streetlites.

Stanley and Chester-Le-Street ones should start soon, maybe in the next few weeks, it looks like they won't be out till May. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Doubt it, they'll do separate launches for them

Sure i read on here that the first of the Coast & Country streetlites were being branded... if so how many of them has being branded?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I don't mean launch the services at Metrocentre but I imagine having them at the bus rally would generate publicity, after all it's not only bus enthusiast who attend and of course passers by might also be attracted
(16 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote I don't mean launch the services at Metrocentre but I imagine having them at the bus rally would generate publicity, after all it's not only bus enthusiast who attend and of course passers by might also be attracted

You do tend to see quite a few Families at MetroCentre Rally having a look at the Vehicles in Attendence, Regardless of whether they have an Interest in Public Transport and Buses or not, same at Seaburn Rally from what I have seen, So yes I would definitely say that by having the New Vehicles on show at the Rally would without doubt generate publicity.
(16 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote I don't mean launch the services at Metrocentre but I imagine having them at the bus rally would generate publicity, after all it's not only bus enthusiast who attend and of course passers by might also be attracted

Ah right sorry =)

Ye, hopefully that happens, when is the metrocentre rally? 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2015, 7:06 am)Dan wrote It's been a few days since I've given my last update on new arrivals...

Two further red Streetlites for the "Red Kite" 45/46 services have been delivered to Go North East:
- 5412 (NK15 EOC)
- 5414 (NK15 ENF)

I'll update the fleet lists at some point this evening.

To summarise, the Streetlites which are still yet to arrive for the "Coast & Country" services are 5396, 5398 and 5404. Likewise, the Streetlites yet to arrive for the "Red Kite" services are 5410 and 5415 - 5419.
(NK15 ENF) is 5395 Dan, Should this not be (NK15 EOF), Furthermore should this not be Fleet Numbered 5415, As it appears we are missing one from a few days ago (NK15 EOE) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...948416758/ , should this not be 5414 instead to therefore maintain that the Reg Plates are in Alphabetical Order in accordance to the Fleet Number given to each Vehicle.

Edit: 5398 is (NK15 ENL) - Had to look at my Personal Fleet List, as I have noted them each time you have posted an Update Dan, and just from looking at the NEB Fleet News it has been noted on there also - http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/article.php?id=505, not to worry Malarkey will keep you right Wink .

This would therefore mean that the Streetlites yet to arrive are 5396 and 5404 for "Coast and Country", with 5410 and 5416 to 5419 for the "Red Kite".
Four Red Kite double deckers - that'll be an interesting branding exercise. Anyone want to do a paper mock-up?
(16 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm)Malarkey wrote (NK15 ENF) is 5395 Dan, Should this not be (NK15 EOF), Furthermore should this not be Fleet Numbered 5415, As it appears we are missing one from a few days ago (NK15 EOE) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...948416758/ , should this not be 5414 instead to therefore maintain that the Reg Plates are in Alphabetical Order in accordance to the Fleet Number given to each Vehicle.

Edit: 5398 is (NK15 ENL) - Had to look at my Personal Fleet List, as I have noted them each time you have posted an Update Dan, and just from looking at the NEB Fleet News it has been noted on there also - http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/article.php?id=505, not to worry Malarkey will keep you right Wink .

This would therefore mean that the Streetlites yet to arrive are 5396 and 5404 for "Coast and Country", with 5410 and 5416 to 5419 for the "Red Kite".

5414 was on Driver Familiarization today as dan says and if it is the same vehicle, the registration was NK15 EOE.
Site Administrator
(16 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm)Malarkey wrote (NK15 ENF) is 5395 Dan, Should this not be (NK15 EOF), Furthermore should this not be Fleet Numbered 5415, As it appears we are missing one from a few days ago (NK15 EOE) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...948416758/ , should this not be 5414 instead to therefore maintain that the Reg Plates are in Alphabetical Order in accordance to the Fleet Number given to each Vehicle.

I was still half asleep when I posted that! Been so busy lately, which is why I didn't get around to noting those on the forum sooner.

To clear up the confusion...
- 5398 (NK15 ENL) has arrived so there is only two more vehicles to be delivered for the "Coast & Country" services. As you say, the information detailing the arrival of this vehicle was already given on our news feature and the registration was given on our fleet lists to mark its arrival. Simple mistake!
- 5414 carries the registration plate NK15 EOE. The fleet number is identifiable in GuyParkRoyal's photograph if you look closely, and as you say, it follows the pattern.
- 5415 has not yet been delivered to Go North East.

The registrations missing from our fleet lists (for 5412 and 5414) have now been filled in accordingly.

(16 Apr 2015, 12:57 pm)Michael wrote Doubt it, they'll do separate launches for them

Sure i read on here that the first of the Coast & Country streetlites were being branded... if so how many of them has being branded?

The majority have been branded now, Michael. Still being kept under wraps at the back of Saltmeadows for now, though I'm sure someone will end up getting a photograph of one when the shutters are up at Saltmeadows before they take it round to the back after branding!

As such, our fleet lists have been updated to show that 5395 - 5400 and 5402 - 5408 have all gained "Coast & Country" branding. Easier to do it this way than in dribs and drabs.
Site Administrator
Kinda moving away from the new vehicles just for a little while...

Ahead of new Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 vehicles arriving for service 47, which, as confirmed earlier, is to be branded "Red Kite", the "Toon Link" branded Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles have started to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint. 4978 (NK54 NUH) is the first vehicle of that batch to arrive, and was in the process of being sanded down prior to repaint today.

So, what colour do we think it (or they) will go? Tongue 
(16 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm)Dan wrote Kinda moving away from the new vehicles just for a little while...

Ahead of new Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 vehicles arriving for service 47, which, as confirmed earlier, is to be branded "Red Kite", the "Toon Link" branded Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles have started to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint. 4978 (NK54 NUH) is the first vehicle of that batch to arrive, and was in the process of being sanded down prior to repaint today.

BLUE for the 57, hopefully under a new brand name! 

What else is currently in for repaint?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2015, 4:37 pm)Michael wrote BLUE for the 57, hopefully under a new brand name! 

What else is currently in for repaint?

I quite like the Fab57 brand name so hope it stays when the replacements (whatever they maybe - probably the B7RLEs) do 'arrive'.
(16 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm)Dan wrote Kinda moving away from the new vehicles just for a little while...

Sky Blue with a Splash of Pink and Finished up with some Yellow Polka Dots Smile , In all seriousness I think they will go Blue for the 57.
(16 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)Malarkey wrote Sky Blue with a Splash of Pink and Finished up with some Yellow Polka Dots Smile , In all seriousness I think they will go Blue for the 57.

I think being typical fab style that they will be painted blue and have some yellow stickers applied and fabfiftyseven fleet names.

Dan stealing my thunder...