You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(17 Apr 2015, 6:05 pm)Drifter60 wrote He's right to a certain extent though. I don't have to much of a problem with the graphics or contravision, however it's not clear to look out of those, it's probably the best option - but I think the use of graphics covering the windows should be avoiding unless the livery actually requires it. The X7 design I think works alright, but never liked the Prince Bishops from the inside as it was too dark at the back. 

I was able to see out of the windows perfectly today.

The issue many had with the branding on the articulated Mercedes Citaros was that the vinyls covered the windows and at the back of the bus it was quite dark. Go North East has responded by using contravision instead on the new Streetlites, which lets light through as it's not a solid vinyl. The same applied to the "Prince Bishops" branded Scanias - due to the changes to the service(s) in January, the branding was slightly altered at the same time so that the mitre covering the window used contravision instead.

When the X7 was upgraded to Mercedes Citaros, the branding was revised so that the 'X' was a bit clearer. On the Volvo B10BLEs, it wasn't as clear as the Volvo B9TLs on the "Tyne Tees Xpress" because the design was condensed to one deck only. The use of contravision made the 'X' clearer whilst not distorting the view from inside to out greatly.

(17 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm)Michael wrote The old X66 livery was the same, covered over the windows.

Can say the same about Stagecoach's Economic branded buses, which are used on the E's, the back of the bus is covered in branding.

Same as Stockton's "The Zone" branded buses. 

Although i have agree its quite annoying in some way, if you don't know the area it may become confusing. 

As long as contravision is used when vinyls cover the windows, I have absolutely no problem with it as you can see straight through. It can improve the design of a livery massively, but it's important that light can still get through.

The design is certainly eye-catching, especially on the dark blue base livery, and it'll certainly grab potential customers' attention when the bus passes them.