You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(18 Apr 2015, 9:35 am)Robert wrote From an enthusiasts point of view, it's quite disappointing so i'll decide to give it a miss. I was hoping it would be in another location like the coach park with a bus there just so i could have a quick look. I'm sure it will work in a commercial way though. I have no doubts about it.
I think it is rather disappointing that there is no bus there for people to have a look at and just from an enthusiast's point of view either as I have gone to many of Arriva's launches in the last few months and when they did the MAX launch in Darlington I was there for nearly an hour before Titan turned up and in this hour people were wanting to have a good look at the Omnicity so they could have a peak at the bus and how it will improve the service they are allocated to. For Go North East to not send a bus to let everyone (not just us) to have a look is a bit of a disappointment but at the same time I think with the X66 people won't really be that bothered about the buses being new as your only ever on there for 10 minutes and there will be plenty of chances for people to have a look.

I do think though it would have been good if they allowed enthusiasts to come to the photo shoot that they did so we could have had a look and gotten a few photos although I am not sure they would have been totally happy seeing lots of photos on Flickr the same as the publicity photos.

I hope they don't do the same for the Red Kite and Coast and Country brands as I think it will be a shame and will be a lost publicity opportunity too I think.