You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(18 Apr 2015, 6:55 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote To clarify if it wasn't clear enough - by cancelling the X3 GNE lost my fare to the Metro, ie the train, not the MetroCentre, ie the shopping centre. I will still use the X66 when travelling between Gateshead and the MetroCentre. Yes Stagecoach's branding and slogans covering windows is also annoying and unnecessary - and that across front windows of Enviro 400's is the most unacceptable of all. At least Drifter 60 brought some sanity back to the replies to my comments that covering windows with anything is unnecessary, annoying and the result of ill-conceived design. Contravision does NOT give a clear or acceptable view and the majority of passengers, who are not obsessed by their electronic devices, want to look out of the windows. And my original complaint re the X66 was that the rearmost, (too) small window of the Streetlites has been obscured by the "X66" when there a is a large area below the window where it could have gone.

By sanity do you mean the answer you want to hear?

Contravision is fine. I'm not a fan of branding covering windows either - on the loop for example, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the reasons why branding is applied to buses (including the windows).
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook