You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(23 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm)thetravelman wrote Firstly, sorry for the late reply... Thanks to those who gave some info regarding my questions to GNE recruitment. Ive still not come to a conclusion on whether to apply[Image: arrow-10x10.png] or not, I'm kind of committed at my current job for the time being, so I may wait a while. However as one of you suggested I should maybe go along to the Stadium of Light recruitment day for a look and chat. That way I may get some questions answered for the future when the time is right for me to apply.

I seen one of the new X66 Streetlites on the 11A yesterday morning, in Prudhoe, they look rather good!

What are the Scania Omnidekkas going to be used for when they arrive from Brighton, also what age are these buses expected to be, also what buses are they going to replace?

Why did GNE decide to get rid of their bendy-buses? after all the ones used on X66 weren't that old as 57 reg vehicles.

Also I take it the Bendys from X40 have also gone now, is this route to get new vehicles?

I've also seen some ex-simplicity 11 reg Versa's around still purple in colour, are these vehicles waiting to be re-branded?

Sorry for the questions, although my bus interest goes back some 30 years or more now, I still don't vast knowledge.
I read this forum quite regular and enjoy the info on here, I also enjoy looking at the various photos on Flikr ! Great stuff, Keep up the good work folk !!! 

Many Thanks.

The artics had high running costs and the X40 is to be merged with the Quaylink services under the number Q3. Im guessing Citaro will know something regarding the 11 reg versas. Whether he will reveal it or not is another question Tongue