You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

I went to the launch on my way to school with some friends. Rather than head straight into school, we made our way down to the market place for 08:20, and 5397 was sitting there as I had been informed beforehand.

Took a few photos, not too great because of the lighting at that time of morning, but I must say the vehicle looked superb. Didn't stick around more than 2 minutes, although I was told by just about everyone in Maths after lunchtime that most had enjoyed an ice cream. Tongue I imagine most didn't even pay attention to the bus, hmm...

Didn't bother with any of the merchandise, as the launch wasn't officially started by the point I went to take a look, and to be honest, I don't see what is so good about the goodies that come with all forms of transport launches.

Regarding the X66 Streetlites, I had a ride on 5392 (GHD-MCE) and 5394 (MCE-GHD) this evening. Was very saddened to find the new bus smell was somewhat dwindling on both, but other than that, the vehicles were top-notch; plus the seats weren't too bad either! Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015