You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(03 May 2015, 12:27 pm)Dan wrote I'm very much the same as Tommy. I think all branded vehicles should remain on the services for which they are branded - even if it is a lower specification vehicle. Unfortunately, sometimes it just isn't practical and services do have to interwork to make running them (at the frequencies they operate to) viable. I'm guessing if the 35 / X21 didn't interwork, it would mean that an extra bus or two would have to be added to keep both services at their current frequencies. It goes without saying that doing that could not be justified, as it would reduce profits drastically.

The issue with allocating Ashington's Streetlites to other services when they aren't required on Sundays is that they are specifically branded for service 35. Ever since Go North East started having corporate liveried spare vehicles (to the same specification as the branded ones) opposed to branded spare vehicles, I have realised that it is so much better doing it that way. Other services can benefit from being allocated newer vehicles, that way, without having to allocate vehicles with branding for another service.

So, as this would be applied to a Blyth service when anything goes anyway, you still wouldn't want to increase passenger experience?? 

Also, unlike GNE's full on branding, Arriva's is far more minimal, and I hardly notice it when I see a 35 Streetlite, so would it really make too much difference, in my opinion it would be a case of passengers coming to realise that on Sundays better vehicles are used?