You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(06 May 2015, 4:31 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Its not like me to say things like this, but here goes, the damage has been done, buying new buses to replace the 57-reg E400s wont bring passengers back. A stereotype has been set, members of my family used to use the X31/X32/X33 and X21/X22 very frequently, but due to the reliability of the service they dont bother and just use their cars and catch the Metro into Newcastle from a P&R site.

The service is not well advertised, the only advertisement that I have seen is free tickets through the door, even people redeem them on a X21/X22 bus then get off and use the X20.

Some members of my family received free tickets, but just passed them down to me or their friends as they've gave up with the service.

In my opinion, covering old ground here but, they would have been far better off using 7514-21, if they didn't want to buy new vehicles. 

I know, for example, that as soon as I pass my driving test and save enough for a car, I won't be using the service. Though that may seem obvious, prior to this academic year, I liked getting the bus to school, added an element of adventure, now it's adding an element of wondering when I'm going to get there.

The only time I get excited now is if an Omnicity is going to turn up, or if I get one of the two (7523/4) that actually have all the promised features working.