You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(08 May 2015, 3:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Agreed. At this time of day, it can be busy.
However, the scholars services were all on time and got through the traffic ok.

Getting away from the school thing for a moment, the bunching/lateness happens beyond rush hour too.

Maybe the slow driver of that 78 you saw the other day, has transferred to Washington and was on the 4 running circa 20 mins late? :p
Although that is a likely possibility, I hope that hasnt happended.
(08 May 2015, 3:48 pm)aureolin wrote It's not like the two schools popped up out of nowhere though? GNE used to run short 194s from Biddick School carpark towards Easington Lane to take away quite a bit of congestion. It's obviously not as easy now though, when a lot of people have to first go to the Galleries for a connection.
I have mistakenly used the 2A on a few occasions between 2.30pm and 4pm from Sunderland to The Galleries, and I would say there is around 150-300 Students standing at the Stops between Washington Arts Centre/St Roberts and Biddick Comp waiting for the 4, they seem to ignore or are unaware the the 2A/8 also go to The Galleries, Been a few times where the 2A has stopped at The Arts Centre when there has been a large number Students waiting, and only a handful have gotten on.

This perhaps because Scholars Services 441/444/450/451/453/454/457/458/460/461/462 and 465 dont serve Washington Galleries and/or the Areas in which those Students are Travelling to, perhaps it is Cheaper for these Students to use the 4 then another Service from The Galleries to get back home, than using the Scholars Service, maybe the Scholars Service goes around the world and it would be quicker to get the 4 then another Service from The Galleries, Also from looking at Simplygo.com/Nexus Website I cant find any details as to where the above Scholars Services go either.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015