You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - May 2015
(15 May 2015, 3:09 pm)cbma06 wrote Ok, I'm using tapatalk at present, as I'm on the 24, so can't look at the fleet list, what's the new spare double deckers for at Belmont, someone says at least one for service 24? And why didn't arriva get 10 new deckers so service 7 will be all double deckers?.

I am not sure how things are going to be split at Belmont for Sapphire services, but I believe 1522/1523 are staying on the 7 at Belmont.

I think the reason why Arriva only got 5 double deckers for the 7 was probably because the demand wasn't high enough to justify full double deck operation especially on an evening, the reason I think 5 double deckers were bought was because they were needed on some heavily loaded peak time journeys, the 7 I used to get to New College Durham on a morning would often be at full or almost full seating and standing capacity and from September 2014 that journey had to be duplicated as the loads were that heavy.

The original reason for the additional two Enviro 400's was because they were originally intended for use on service 6 which interworks with a school contract I think which was why these were ordered but the 6 has been put back for being launched as Sapphire due to the roadworks at the Honest Lawyer (Sunderland Bridge) so the buses originally intended for the 6 are now going on the 22/24.

Don't hold anything I have said as definite facts as some of this may not be true or is not quite right.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - May 2015