You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
I realise that this is 'off topic', but I was using the Arriva Shires 321 service from Watford to Luton yesterday.
Lovely 'new' 14-reg Sapphire Wright Streetlight DF Max micro hybrids with 'leather' seats, next-stop announcements and brilliant white LED destination 'blinds' - easy to read from a distance.
Interior seating was spaced with single seats on one side in the main body of the bus (2+2 at the rear and sideways-facing drop-down seats where the wheelchair and buggie spaces at the front). 42 seats IIRC.
The outward journey was 'on time', but the return departure from Luton was one hour late (on a service that runs every 20 minutes). Eventually two buses arrived together (not unusual when there is traffic congestion that delays the earlier bus that has to pick up the bulk of the passengers) but the second bus was 'only' 20 minutes late (with the first one being 40 minutes late they said) - whatever, we waited an hour for a bus (assuming that there had been one on time at 16:00 that we had just missed).
Do you get your money back (ie travel free) if a Sapphire service is running that late? There were signs in the bus offering a no-quibble money-back guarantee (but I was travelling on my pensioner pass so I didn't pay anyway).
Do Arriva receive a payment for me under those circumstances (service running 40 minutes late)?