You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(20 May 2015, 8:58 pm)MrPottski wrote 2504 definitely has side rollers, plus there's plenty of Hanover kit going spare with the amount of withdrawals. I think it's a shame that so much has been spent on them to end up with faded second hand screens. 4813 is very dim indeed, especially when compared to the Mobitec equipment. What this week has shown though is the current format for the screens simply isn't good enough. The destination lettering is too small, the vias are too thin and therefore unreadable, and in bright sunlight, the older Hanover equipment is terrible to make out. I truly believe for town work all you need is max size one destination only, like what Arriva North West employ. The current format will always be a bug bear for me though.

Couldn't agree with you more there Mr Pottski I prefered them when they scrolled, the ones in 4812 aren't even update properly, yesterday a driver and I both tried to find X21 Sunderland, and it wasn't on there, by mistake as I was looking for it, I had X2 Newcastle as I pressed the wrong button