You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(22 May 2015, 11:26 am)Dan wrote I think scholars in the Hexham area are the only thing that will be changed for now, but it'll be interesting to see if Go North East opts to expand even further in the future! Smile

To go back to a previous discussion regarding disposals no longer being stored at Hexham - you may be able to see how things have fallen into place quite nicely... The operations from Saltmeadows Rd transferred to Riverside Depot, allowing storage for vehicle disposals at Saltmeadows Rd, in turn providing space at Hexham for network expansion...

It's worth noting that the repainted former "Toon Link" branded Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles (4978 - 4982) are now starting to emerge on the route they'll now be allocated to: service 5. This releases the dual-door Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown vehicles from service 5 back to services 67/69 (albeit now red opposed to branded "Pulse"), in turn allowing the withdrawal of the early DAF SB120/Wright Cadet vehicles from Riverside (with these withdrawals still being in progress - 8246 is still out and about today). Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping they'd be re-allocated to "Fab Fifty Seven" service 57! Other vehicles continue to be withdrawn from the fleet too, with Volvo B10BLE 4846 being one of the latest to turn up on death row at Saltmeadows.
I came to the same conclusion when I have seen them all of week but more today when I saw 2.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015