You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions
(22 May 2015, 10:30 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The Pronto PVR is 6 not 7! The X46 is a position journey at the start or end of one or more of the 6 boards to get the vehicle from Durham to Crook or vice versa.

PVR is peak vehicle requirement (ie the maximum number of vehicles used on a route during the day) not how many buses are branded for a route.

As you recently played this card in the Arriva North East section of the forum, let me play it now here. Are you suggesting the company documentation is wrong - that Crook's double deck PVR is 6 opposed to 7? My copies were last updated in March, so I can't imagine anything has changed since then...

To be blunt: let's stop this mindless speculation on what the PVR at Crook is and just accept that it is 7 vehicles. The PEAK vehicle requirement is the amount of vehicles that depot requires to operate the service at PEAK times, which tends to be the maximum number of vehicles during the entire day.

Contrary to the speculation prior to this post, the seventh board is not the board which forms the peak-time positioning X46 journeys. They do interwork with the X21s, so do not add to the PVR.

nk55's post did throw me somewhat, but to my knowledge the seventh Crook-operated board is made up by the following journeys:
- 0805 #X21 (Durham - Bishop Auckland College)
- 1630 #X21 (Bishop Auckland College - Bus Station)
- 1638 #X21 (Bishop Auckland - Newcastle)
- 1810 #X21 (Newcastle - Bishop Auckland)
Leaves Crook Depot on a morning at 07:35 and gets back for 19:42 on a night, spending the majority of the day from 09:05 to 16:15 within the depot too (or bus station, if Crook needs a spare to linger around).
The 17:00 #X21 (Bishop Auckland College - Durham) is the journey which is part of the normal daytime X21 PVR.

Crook would be stuffed if they only had six buses to operate the X21 when, at peak times, they require seven buses, wouldn't they? If/when the X21 is upgraded, I am inclined to suggest that Crook will retain seven branded vehicles plus one corporate liveried spare, as per most other services.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions