You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(23 May 2015, 3:25 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Currently on 5413, with one of my favourite drivers - I asked him for his honest opinion on the new StreetLite's and his reply was "Cheep and taty, just like the MPD's were when we got them"

I think cheap and tatty is an unfair comment to make. 

Whilst it's not the same build quality as the Citaro, which GNE have opted to purchase over the years, it's still a new bus..... and they're anything but cheap. "Tatty" by definition would suggest it were shabby or have had seen better days, yet the interior is probably the best in the fleet (although I do favour the type of seating in a Citaro!). Not to mention the technology add-ons, which WrightBus aren't exactly going to give away with the bus... 

I can appreciate where the MPD comparison comes from though. I believe the two use the same family engines, and I'd be surprised if there is a huge mechanical difference between the two. You do get that MPD sound from the rear seats too, but they certainly seem to have a lot more 'umph' than the MPDs have (and had). 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015