You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(26 May 2015, 2:57 pm)Jimmi wrote Another thing I have noticed at recent MAX launches is the staff who should be handing stuff out and promoting the bus (and Titan performance at MAX launches) the most recent example being the MAX X12 launch at Durham Market Place they seemed to spend most of the time I was there sat at the back of the bus chatting amongst themselves, this is the main reason why there was no interior shots uploaded to my Flickr for this launch, that and the shades (or whatever they are called) weren't put out and and left dumped on the backseat upstairs (you can see it in my photos). When they did go and do what they were supposed to do they weren't very good at it, they were practically whispering to people "we have Titan the Robot performing" "no... okay"

It is rather poor really and it seems like everything is left for the driver to do.

Yes, it's quite poor to see staff at promotional events just chatting amongst themselves instead of to potential customers.

I recently doubled up as a photographer and someone to help out at a promotional event for Go North East's new "Coast & Country" buses, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to customers. I found that a lot of people had an interest in the bus as you don't usually find buses parked up in the centre of the marketplace, and when people asked, it allowed me to explain which services the buses would be allocated to, what "special" features are available on-board, and when the buses were due to enter service.

Go North East also hired a third-party promotional team, and if you're in a job like that, you have to be loud and enthusiastic. No good having miserable staff who can't really be bothered to be there at a promotional event - sadly I shan't be offering my services to Arriva..! Tongue