You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(27 May 2015, 6:42 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't care what colour the screens are so long as I can read it, but it is rather unprofessional to have two different sets of screens on the same branded service. It isn't ideal, I'd like to see Arriva get white screens for the Pulsar's but I doubt that it will happen.

It is also rather poor having different sets of vehicles on the same service too but I think the reason why the 7 didn't go full double decker operation was because it probably couldn't be justified at this time as it is only certain journeys in the day that really need the additional capacity of a double decker, when you see them during the middle of the day you will often only see a small handful of people sat upstairs but double deckers were needed on peak time runs especially one of the morning journeys that extend to Framwellgate Moor for New College Durham students.

On your point regarding the deckers on the 7. It'll be interesting to see how long this lasts. Reason I say, is because GNE tried mixed operation (and failed) with both the 21 and X1. The difference here is that GNE realised their mistakes and corrected them, whereas I feel Arriva will attempt to just make do with the capacity issues. You only have to look as far as the X12 for that.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook