You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(31 May 2015, 5:49 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I like the sound of that...

7519-7521 to Belmont and we receive the 57-reg Lowlanders and refurbish them to MAX for X20? 

Only be 3 of the Lowlander if it's true - as for MAX refurbishment, no idea

(31 May 2015, 5:52 pm)Dan wrote Agree.

I can come up with two plausible reasons:
  • Capacity issues on the Durham - Middlesbrough stretch of the route on Belmont's boards at peak times making it illogical to allocate a single deck vehicle. However, if this was the case, why wasn't a double-deck vehicle selected to be converted to MAX specification opposed to a single-deck?
  • The bus is being kept local, at the request of the depot's engineering department (owing to a previous fault), as they want to make sure it's settled in before sending it out on a demanding service like the X12. This becomes less and less likely the more time it spends on these services, though. This has been ongoing since January...
Or it could just boil down to poor allocations, which should be nipped in the bud from higher above...

Maybe they didn't do a decker because there's so few modern decker vehicles in the fleet that weren't already earmarked for other runs. Plus, I believe, it was only after 1415/6 were completed that Durham requested a sixth decker to convert their entire operation to decker. As for the poor allocation comment - if it's the only bus left without a defect, would you rather have no bus?