You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(07 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm)aureolin wrote It's been that way for the past few years now. I done a few Sunday outings last year using the Es, and they tend to leave Sunderland with standing room only. For some reason though the 35 used to be a bit hit and miss. One could be packed, and the next could be empty. I'm not sure whether this has changed recently.

Washington to Shields on the 50 can be bad too, but I've not used that so far this year. One an hour, but taking into account it's the fast link between the Galleries and Sulgrave too. I know there's the 4, but OAPs won't (and sometimes physically can't) walk when they can get the bus for free.

Both services can leave Park Lane relatively empty (but also relatively full), but as soon as they hit Fawcett Street, you stand no chance of getting a seat. In terms of passenger numbers, the 'E' services will win every time when the sun comes out, as there's no other link from Sunderland to the beach at Seaburn. For passengers travelling onward to South Shields, I'd say that the 20/20A services are probably busier, as the 'E' services seem to provide more local links. If you opt for GNE's 20/20A to go to Seaburn, you've got a hell of a walk from Fulwell. Similar story if you get the Metro, which only saves you a few minutes if getting the 20/20A.

Stagecoach combats the higher loadings with the three ADL Enviro400s on Sundays, but it's still not ideal and doesn't help late-running in the slightest. If it's raining, you'll find every single bus will be empty, so increasing the frequency really couldn't be justified.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015