You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
This thread is in desperate need of a chop again...

I like the idea of having a dedicated thread for odd workings, but I don't want discussion to seemingly be forced. A lot of groups have strict rules on what is allowed and what is not allowed to be placed on the group. I feel we'd be taking on something similar if we did this ourselves, but by allowing discussion on a certain topic in one thread but not in another.
I personally don't mind one or two odd workings that are actually rare (we've had Solars working for Peterlee and SR Hybrids on the 61 today), but it's just the Northern ones that irritate me (and many others). Discussion could have branched off the odd workings mentioned previously, but discussion never branches off a Northern on x route unless it's a loan or the person adding to the discussion is complaining about the post and its relevance.

I've brought this up before, and I have received many a PM about the matter. Excessive Flickr advertising isn't great really - especially if a photo has already been posted and another person is replicating this in their own photo.
Liam and I have been discussing the Flickr Hall of Fame recently as well... I refer to the post I created when the feature was first released (see here), and we can't help but feel it has been abused as of late...
.png hof.png

While Liam did anticipate the addition of this feature would cut down excessive Flickr advertising on the forums, the main idea for me was so authors could publish photographs they were proud of... 20 shots at Gateshead Interchange (15 of them being of the same bus), it isn't great really.

I've moved all of these posts over to a new thread in the Suggestions section of the forum. We're getting a little off-topic.

GNE Odd Workings Thread
RE: GNE Odd Workings Thread