You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: GNE Odd Workings Thread
I must admit, I very rarely open any of the flickr links.
They don't really float my boat - but I don't complain about them, simply skipping past the post.

If a discussion comes of the original post, brilliant. If it doesn't, then so be it.

I think that needs to be carried throughout the forum.

There are posts in the forum from me, stating my concern that posts would become hidden or it would hinder discussion.
It did take a while for those threads to become popular, but they have taken off brilliantly - however, I do think it has been at the expense of others.
Discussion has diversified and that should be encouraged - whether it is in a dedicated thread or not.

If you look at the main GNE thread, there are nowhere near as many posts as there was previously, only because comments are diluted into other threads.

At what point do we say there are enough threads?
- Service Suggestions
- Brands
- Pricing
Each of those, were seperated out and what would have been posted in the GNE thread, are now elsewhere.

If we continue to seperate everything, what else will there be to talk about, specific to GNE or whoever else?

Just as an example - say there are 100 posts concerning GNE.
20 are about pricing
20 are about branding
30 are about service suggestions.
10 are about off route vehicles
5 are about flickr photos
the remaining discussion will be about what and how long will it take before that is seperated and split into its own thread?

GNE Odd Workings Thread