You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
(18 Sep 2015, 1:56 am)palatine3833 wrote The main reason for the lack of uniform is because Durham now have almost 100 lines on the Sapphire rota, so the amount of spare drivers needed has increased too (most of which don't have Sapphire uniform)

This is a downside with having so many Sapphire services operated by one depot.

Whenever I go to Durham I now can't help but feel that the Sapphire brand kind of loses it Sparkle somewhat due to the amount of different Sapphire services, especially feel like this with the 7 which I think is because you have the 22/24 leaving from the stand directly opposite and because of the way buses can't always pull onto the correct stands in Durham Bus Station you think you may see a 7 when it is infact a 24 and until you are right by the door to board as you can't see the destination screens because the windows don't go so high, there is times I've jumped on the 7 in a rush at times and once on-board I've thought I've jumped on the 24 by mistake (have not jumped on the wrong Sapphire in Durham, but somedays I am not 100% that I'm on the right one). Now we also have the 6 as a Sapphire service which observes the same stops as the 7 between Croxdale and Cock o' the North using the same type of buses although slightly older.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015