You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
(18 Sep 2015, 12:11 pm)Michael wrote Deleted my last post, as it was wrong...................... Tongue

GNE proposals was: 

64/64A: Run between Gateshead, Rose Street and Yetholm Road only.

Service 96: Extended to Newcastle Monday-Saturday daytimes instead of 98/98A, it also means Ravensworth Road and Wellington Road benefit from a direct service to Newcastle.

Service 97: Increased to every 10 minutes from Newcastle to Fellside Park via Gateshead and Whickham Highway, every 20 minutes a bus would continue to the Metrocentre 

Service 98/98A: Would continue to run from Whickham to Newcastle, only at the busiest times of day when the majority of passengers are travelling.
--------------
So here is what i think (updated since the last one i did):

Looking at repaints, the 51 reg "Highwayman" scania's haven't being repainted so far, so i think these might be new allocations for the 96/96A services: (Numbers of services might change to)

95/64/64A - they could be interworking with the new 98/98A service...(only if its peak only) - B10's
96/96A - Highwayman Scania's - 51 reg 
97 - New/newer buses in the future.... temporarily use "Go North East" buses in the fleet.
98/98A - looks to be peak only...as its a loop service.. not sure how it would work during the day for a service... B10's - could interwork with the 64/64A/95 at peak times... not sure how it will work...
-------------
All of the above is to be confirmed - nothing confirmed... just some wild guesses! haha

eeee.....I just love all these guesses  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
Chester Tridents going to Ensine