You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
A couple of things? What is it with this "dead corner" thing? Tyresmoke has commented that the one at Stockton is quite full and I remember when I was based at Redcar passing the long (and embarrassing) line of cripples parked against the depot fence. The words "driven to destruction then abandonded" spring to mind. The other point is that with the Scanias that now seem to causing problems on the Darlington routes. These are essentially a good vehicle and lovely to drive when maintained and operated correctly. Trouble is these that seem to causing the issues started their lives at Dormanstown / Redcar, were thrashed, often mercilessly, on service 63. Then they were shifted to be the mainstay on the X93/93, which we know is a demanding route with what used to ridiculous end to end timings. Given the history of maintainance issues that used to blight this depot I guess that contributed? Now they have moved again to probably similarly demanding routes with punishing schedules. One does wonder ?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign