You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
(05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian wrote What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Why can't Nexus or the operators have staff present to actually tell passengers about it? Nothing works better than face to face communication.

Worth mentioning that Go North East have a bus station supervisor present at Gateshead Interchange every day (similar to Newcastle Eldon Square, Washington Galleries and Park Lane), and there's often other members of the Service Performance Team present at Gateshead Interchange during busy periods, special events or other times when the main supervisor may not be available.

Indeed, I passed through Gateshead Interchange at 15:30 today, and the supervisor was in a high-vis jacket, assisting customers at the top of the Metro escalators. I'm not sure if it was about the closure/diversion or not, but there's always usually a Go North East representative present (somewhere) at Gateshead Interchange.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign