You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
(04 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote It's where we park all of our disused buses haha! Ours is rather full now...
I think it's down to the price of scrap falling through the floor that it's just not worth selling them at the moment.

I agree with you on the problems with the Scanias, they're a very high maintenance bus and clearly if you don't look after them from new then years down the line you will end up with problem after problem. Clearly Darlington are finding this out now, and they've spent a small fortune on them I believe. Being at Durham, Redcar and Darlington since new doesn't help and like you say being thrashed on 63s and then given an even harder life on the X93 carrying loads that they clearly weren't designed to handle nor should have had to. Thank god someone with some sense saw to that issue a few years back.

There seems to be a number of time keeping issues with the X26/X27 and I never understood why it was reduced to every 20 mins a few years ago when every 15 mins suited it fine, giving a clock face timetable at all parts of the two routes rather than the awkward 20/40 min split we have at present. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon otherwise we risk competition from various parties.

High time that they allocated buses to a depot and kept them there till they are time expired, then they might get taken care of.
(05 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote It doesn't matter what route it is - whether it is the X12, the 64 or the 22.
Operators are falling over themselves to push funky seats, plugs and wifi and on some services - NSA.

We are all told why the NSA is used - so let's see it taken to the next level. One that can benefit every passenger on the bus and (in the case of some operators), not just another advertising medium.

Anything's better than GNE's video of people sat on the bus. HATE that. Invasion of privacy.
(05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian wrote What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Why can't Nexus or the operators have staff present to actually tell passengers about it? Nothing works better than face to face communication.

Because Arriva won't spend money. Another enquiry office bit the dust last week.

(05 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm)scania driver wrote Far to much dependency on social media these days. We don't all have or want smartphones or being dependent on the reliability (or not) of these apps. What is matter with the common sense approach of informing the punters of stuff like the X12 Gateshead carry on with notices on the buses ? I mean the things are festooned with c**p about things folk ain't bothered about !

Totally agree.
(05 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm)Dan wrote Worth mentioning that Go North East have a bus station supervisor present at Gateshead Interchange every day (similar to Newcastle Eldon Square, Washington Galleries and Park Lane), and there's often other members of the Service Performance Team present at Gateshead Interchange during busy periods, special events or other times when the main supervisor may not be available.

Indeed, I passed through Gateshead Interchange at 15:30 today, and the supervisor was in a high-vis jacket, assisting customers at the top of the Metro escalators. I'm not sure if it was about the closure/diversion or not, but there's always usually a Go North East representative present (somewhere) at Gateshead Interchange.

Probably just telling them not to take photos?
(05 Jan 2016, 8:05 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The destination isn't right convincing Angel

That's what I was thinking. Fake?
(06 Jan 2016, 11:51 am)Adrian wrote Latest Arriva North East fleet movements:

Ashington 7412 in, 1764 to Jesmond

Blyth - 7614 and 7625 in, 1305 for disposal, 4501 convert to DT, 1758 and 1799 to Tiger

Jesmond - 1764 in.

Durham - 7443 for disposal.

Redcar - 4725 in, 4507 for disposal

Stockton - 1906 and 1912 for DDA transfer.

Hope 4501 will live on and go for preservation eventually!

(06 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm)palatine3833 wrote The depot which struggles the most for Sapphire allocations has to be Durham depot since we have the most routes (6/7/22/24).  However, it's not unusual for the 'Sapphire spare' to be allocated to a standard service on a morning.  Over the next 4-6 months, I should imagine there will be a lot of unusual workings coming out of Durham depot with major roadworks starting very soon in the City Centre.

AGAIN?!
I'm still after their phone numbers!  Big Grin

Well said.
No....
.jpg IMG_1027.JPG
.jpg IMG_1028.JPG
.jpg IMG_1034.JPG

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign
RE: Arriva sign