You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2016
(15 Feb 2016, 12:50 am)Stuartphin1639 wrote Don't talk about not picking up on north gate, that annoys me that

1 point some drivers pick up the 19 while they are round there but other times they take the bus out of service to go round the other side of town to drop off and then come round the block again, why can't it just be simple as the bus comes in from doing a 1 and then goes straight on to the 19 instead of doing a loop of the town before it then comes back to northgate

I think it's better for the passengers on the 1 if the 1 arrives in Darlington drops off at Northgate and Tubwell Row then goes back to Northgate to start the 19, so that the passengers on the 1 who wish to depart at Tubwell Row aren't sat like melons until it's time for the 19 to depart, used to hate it when the 5A interworked with the 19 on a Sunday as there was one occasion where I wanted to be off at Tubwell Row but the driver decided to sit on Northgate until it was time for the 19 to depart, so I ended up sat there for over 5 minutes!!! Sadly it's just the way the service has to interwork now, although that said when it interworked with the 3 it changed from the 3 to the 19 (19 change to 3) on Northgate, so the same could probably be done for the 1 and 19 now.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2016