Menu

AXG675   18 Feb 2016, 11:07 am
(18 Feb 2016, 1:04 am)Bus_User wrote First I heard about the 144's being returned to the leasing company? Have you got a souce for this? As for the 153's, I have heard they might be leaving Northern in the near future but the main idea is for them to be converted back to 155's as the leasing company got no plans to make 153's DDA compliant. 

I'll be surprised if 144's are leaving Northern in 2017, there be no new trains until 2018 at least and they are already short on spare stock so I just can't see that happening, be uproar if that is the case. 

On the subject of pacers, I must be the only one to like them although I accept they are not up to standard for your everyday passenger. Will kinda miss them when they go.

Glad I am not the only one who loves and appreciates 142s. For twenty years they have hurtled past my old South Bank 'Penthouse'.  They must be a nightmare to maintain by now but for the best ride north of Alton Towers they take some beating! Alighting from boring 220s, 185s, 43s & 91s at Darlington you knew you were nearly home as the tattered 'beasties' overrevved out onto the Saltburn line screaching in torturous abando at the too tight curves. Home cannot be far! Will sadly miss them and do not suppose any will be preserved except on videos.