You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
(20 Feb 2016, 3:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote If they're in charge of a vehicle which enters an area that has specific ticketing options - then they should know.

It only takes me and you a few moments to identify ticketing options, so why can't drivers do some homework?
Depot staff issue notices. Staff handbooks are issued with content relating to ticketing options.
Yet still there there is ignorance relating to what can and cannot be issued.

Just picking up on this from yesterday... The complexity of the tickets in our area I think is what confuses our drivers. Especially when they come across something they're not familiar with (your home tickets are going to be well known but others may not be) - it's all well and good issuing ticketing guides but if they're not kept up to date then staff will struggle with all of the options available across our network. Not to mention they're often too big to be carrying around. If we had a staff website (or even a phone app!) with all of the information we require it may be easier.

Just at Stockton we sell something daft like 20 different weekly tickets due to the different areas we operate within, not to mention all of the day tickets available. Remembering how to sell all of these on the machines never mind knowing where they are and are not valid takes some learning and I'm not going to pretend that I understand all of them.

For anyone interested the weekly tickets we sell at Stockton are:
Teesside
Teesside & East Cleveland
Easyrider Teesside
Easyrider All Zone
North East
Tyne & Wear Triple 1/2/3+ zone
Durham City
Durham District
Durham County
East Durham Triple 1/2/3+ zone
Darlington Town