You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016
(17 Mar 2016, 9:09 pm)Adrian wrote Having a top button undone looks unprofessional...? Wow, that'd be me sacked then!

My comment really wasn't around professionalism. Just an observation that I think Arriva have done well with the Sapphire uniform, and it looks smarter than their standard issue.

It doesn't look particularly professional when all of the upper buttons are undone, as I have seen on several Arriva drivers. One button is fine, but not three. I don't wish to see half of the driver's chest.  

(17 Mar 2016, 9:14 pm)LeeCalder wrote I don't agree, that should be down to driver preference.

After all, they are adults and forcing them to fasten their top button just isn't going to work. I would however rid the depot of polo shirts.

BIB 1: Some uniformed staff don't have an option. School students don't, they can be penalised for not having their shirt fully buttoned up. 

BIB 2: You can enforce any rules upon anybody if you have the necessary authority to do so, although at the expense of staff morale if they disagree with it.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016