You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016
(18 Apr 2016, 7:32 pm)Kuyoyo wrote All I'll say now is this - this ends now.

The discussion has been about sorting vehicles out for the summer-only X93 boards - not how to justify buying new vehicles for those workings that only operate for about 7-8 months of the year (depending on when Easter falls). The answer is simple, they aren't going to. The X18 has an extra board in the summer as well but do we see a discussion about buying an extra pair of E400s to cover that board plus a spare - I don't think so.

But conversation can develop.
Just because a topic hasn't been covered before, it doesn't mean it can't progress or change.

Heck, we might end up discussing the X18 next week.

It is accepted that the X93 has lower loads in the winter.
Revenue (and whatever formula is being used), dictate that it doesn't need the same capacity or frequency as the summer.
The points I made about population density apply throughout the year.

The rest of the discussion is just hypothetical. Just like many other parts of the forum.
If's, buts and maybes.
Whether it is people in the pub, people chatting at the match or people on the forum - it happens.

(18 Apr 2016, 7:36 pm)Michael Euston wrote As an East Cleveland resident can I put my point of view. Would the Streetlites cover the Whitby to Scarborough route OK? Why not extend the X4/4 to run to Scarborough once an hour in the summer months? Quite a number of people from Redcar onwards would board the X4 and then change in Whitby to go to Scarborough. That would take the pressure off in Whitby.

If the timetable and drivers hours regs allow it, then it might be worth giving it a go.
It would be interesting to see how the Streetlites cope.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016