Menu

mb134   08 Jun 2016, 5:46 pm
(08 Jun 2016, 5:33 pm)Adrian wrote The brexit NHS references are around TTIP. I'd suggest reading up on TTIP, but the NHS is likely to be excluded anyway. That doesn't stop, in my opinion, TTIP being a really bad thing for the UK. 

However, if we left, then there's the potential a Tory majority Government could establish a TTIP scheme independently. Labour are opposed to it, and Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to kill such an agreement in Parliament.

On the other hand, John Major, former Tory PM, has put this on record. He reckons "the NHS would be as safe as a pet hamster in the presence of a hungry python if Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and Iain Duncan Smith rose to power following Brexit". It speaks volumes, for someone who worked for Mrs Thatcher.
I saw Corbyns speech about TTIP the other day, and subsequently did some brief reading around it, it most certainly does not sound like a good thing.

One thing that has been on my mind throughout this Referendum campaign is,  will Cameron stay as PM if we vote to leave, especially after supporting the 'Remain' side so strongly? If he doesn't stay on, am I right in thinking a General Election would occur?