You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
(26 Jun 2016, 6:56 am)RobinHood wrote That's it I believe you are right, they don't have anyone dedicated to just that. I know that they have been working on the Teesside ones recently, I caught a 5 in Guisborough which has had some work and they are pretty much a spot on.

The issue I guess is that whoever is doing them, is doing them in spare time after the normal day job?

I don't think any company in the North East offers this technology to such an extent to warrant a full-time job of its own, but it won't be too long before it does.

Managing 'new bus technology' such as the facilitation of on-bus free customer Wi-Fi and 'Next Stop' audio-visual announcements is a growing job, with the number of vehicles offering either, or both, of these features, increasing year on year.

I have suggested on many occasions in the past that it appears that Arriva's Next Stop Announcements aren't fully tested before being rolled out onto the buses. Actually going around the route as if you were in service is a crucial part of the process, as that is where mistakes are identified and amendments can be made, prior to the media being publicly launched. Having an employee dipping in and out of the system as and when they have some spare time is probably why no testing appears to take place - it's a good few hours out of the office.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016