You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
(30 Jul 2016, 10:28 pm)mb134 wrote Funnily enough, I was driving out of Ashington yesterday and followed it onto the Spine Road, and was impressed with how it accelerated. Got up to 60-65 no bother at all. The thought "They would make excellent vehicles for the X20 on a permanent basis" passed through my head. Might have been pushed that bit too hard Wink Hopefully it was just a minor issue though.

There was a VDL Gemini in Ashington's depot this morning, parked next to the training buses, there for testing I assume?

From my experience, Any of the Euro 5 Examples ( 09 , 14 and 64 and 15* reg's ) Can reach 65Mph or faster, They don't seem to be Limited to any speed either, Adding that to the fact it has 6 Gears in its Ecolife Gearbox makes it fly.
The older 57 Reg batch are Euro 4, And have 5 Speed ZF Ecomat's, They can reach 62mph easy but wont get any faster as the engine revs are simply too high to go any faster.

Only one is off the road for overheating mind  Wink

Haven't got a clue on the VDL Gemini, I'm actually from South Shields.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016