You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016
(12 Aug 2016, 6:56 pm)citaro5284 wrote Aye, prove the buggers wrong, some drivers think they know it all when in fact they know.........

(12 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm)Brian13 wrote A few drivers wouldn't let me on with my pop card. It was on a X21 when they were still Presidents and the other time was on the 45 a fortnight ago. Happened on Arriva X2 (now X12) runs too. I was only going to Gateshead/Metrocentre.

Yeah a few days ago a driver on the 21 said, 'Isn't that just for the Metro', when I presented my POP PAYG card.
I said no its for Metro, Arriva and Go Ahead, and showed him a screenshot I had ready of Go North East replying to my tweet confirming they accept it on all services as of 4th July. It was the first he'd heard of it so he scanned it (twice) and said well the ticket machines not accepting it.
(It was my first time using it so I just paid by cash to avoid any further delay). After a couple more tweets Go Ahead said they'd pass the info on to his depot manager as he should have entered my fare first, then scanned my POP card, then hit issue (twice?)).
Should be fun next time when I have to explain to the driver how to use his own ticket machine. Can imagine that going down well. lol.